Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Debit orders and companies who take them early

Suspended
    Thanks
    Dave, the invoice I received on 1st Jan was dated 1st Jan and said nothing about the money that they took on 22nd Jan. It was just the standard invoice they send every month.

I think you are the one confused - one minute it is 22 dec then 22 Jan ! You agreed to their t&c s ! So you really shouldn't complain afterwards if you never read properly in th first place.

Yes it is a matter of "principle" - you agreed to it and signed it - they are right and you are wrong

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by HR Solutions View Post
    I think you are the one confused - one minute it is 22 dec then 22 Jan ! You agreed to their t&c s ! So you really shouldn't complain afterwards if you never read properly in th first place.

Yes it is a matter of "principle" - you agreed to it and signed it - they are right and you are wrong
    You really do not understand this topic so I would appreciate it if you just stopped posting, you are not being helpful. I spotted that error and corrected it in my original post.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by leonbrits View Post
    This is a matter of principle for me. Any thoughts?
    Yes: let it go. There are more important principles to fight over. Unless this company regularly debits your account in potential contravention of their service agreement, it's not worth the time and effort.

Founder of Growth Surge - Helping entrepreneurs create more wealth and enjoy more freedom.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Greig Whitton View Post
    Yes: let it go. There are more important principles to fight over. Unless this company regularly debits your account in potential contravention of their service agreement, it's not worth the time and effort.
    I have the time, I am unemployed. I do not have the money, which they took a couple of days before Christmas. I was flat broke with no money left for Christmas lunch for my family. Luckily the bank could reverse he debt order.

I do not need advice on what I should or should not let go. I need advice based on the question I asked, i.e. are they in the wrong.

Thanks
    Just to elaborate further, which I should not need to have to. I am self employed and pay myself (a minimal) salary when I can. I had arranged for enough money to be in my account at the end of the month to cover all the debit orders that come off every month. Every other debit order came off as usual on the 2nd Jan, except these guys.

The nerve to be able to take the money off two weeks early without even a warning text or email; or even an invoice. The fact that I tried to call them on the day the money was taken off but their billing department was already closed for Christmas. I explained the whole situation to them and not only did they laugh me off, they charge me a extra R112 because the money was not there went they wanted to take it.

Thanks
    I need advice based on the question I asked, i.e. are they in the wrong.
    It's impossible to answer that question definitively based on a single clause from the company's service agreement (which also happens to be open to interpretation). Hence, let it go.

Founder of Growth Surge - Helping entrepreneurs create more wealth and enjoy more freedom.

Thanks
    And then they cut my Internet off as I had not paid and their service was prepaid. But I still have to pay them a full month and the R112 if want them to turn it back on or even if I want them to cancel. Either way I have to pay them (and I have not Internet other than tethering to my phone).

Suspended
    Thanks
    Just to elaborate further, which I should not need to have to. I am self employed and pay myself (a minimal) salary when I can. I had arranged for enough money to be in my account at the end of the month to cover all the debit orders that come off every month. Every other debit order came off as usual on the 2nd Jan, except these guys.

The nerve to be able to take the money off two weeks early without even a warning text or email; or even an invoice. The fact that I tried to call them on the day the money was taken off but their billing department was already closed for Christmas. I explained the whole situation to them and not only did they laugh me off, they charge me a extra R112 because the money was not there went they wanted to take it.
    They DID warn you ! You signed a contract !!

Suspended
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Greig Whitton View Post
    It's impossible to answer that question definitively based on a single clause from the company's service agreement (which also happens to be open to interpretation). Hence, let it go.

I agree - he doesn't want advice - he only wants to hear one thing !

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast