Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Small party politics: why do small parties fail

Thanks
    @Blurock: agree with you very much about property rights for rural people to give them a full stake in society and freedom from past constraints.

@Dave A: I have heard of COPE but it seemed to fade away; thanks for explaining why this happened. Your last comment about the U.K. is very true - and much more true than it was a few years ago. It is fuelling the culture wars and the rise of a brand of right-wing ‘working class’ populism that we have not experienced before (except on a smaller scale with the National Front in the 1970s).

Thanks
    The UIM Party is busy making waves. After only being a registered party for 26 days, they are contesting 8 metros with over 200 registered councillors for the upcoming municipal elections.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    So many small parties have leaders with very big egos who do not want to serve under anyone else. If all the moderates would just give up their cozy seats and band together to form a real trustworthy government all will be well. But where have you ever seen a trustworthy politician? They are all in it for the money, status and power.
    Excellence is not a skill; its an attitude...

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Blurock View Post
    So many small parties have leaders with very big egos who do not want to serve under anyone else. If all the moderates would just give up their cozy seats and band together to form a real trustworthy government all will be well. But where have you ever seen a trustworthy politician? They are all in it for the money, status and power.
    @Blurock

I agree with most of your comments. We must , however, look a bit deeper and ask ourselves ..... What is the solution ?

You say " They are all in it for the money, status and power ". I agree, most of them.
    Every now and then, along comes an exception to the rule. One such exception is Neil De Beer, president of the UIM Party.

He doesn't need the money. He could be living it up on his yacht in Barcelona, instead you will find him in a bullet proof vest
    working with the police, trying to make a dent in the gang violence on the Cape Flats, and he is slowly winning that war, one gangster at a time.

You will find him on the road as he presently is, doing a 6500km blits tour of the country, uniting people of all religions and race groups. He is good at what he does.
    Show me another politician that will do the above.

I have been following Neil since he resigned from the aint no consequences party and have tried my best to fault him, his ideas and aspirations for SA and the way he has
    proceeded from being a movement to that of a political party. I think you should by now know that I check out things from all angles before making a decision or before
    I let my feelings being known on a certain subject. I cannot fault him.

There was only one thing still necessary for me to do before deciding to commit myself 100% to the UIM and that was to meet the man in person.
    That became a reality recently when Neil visited East London. I had the privilege of chatting to him for a short while.

He is humble. He is kind. He is God fearing. He is trying as hard as is humanly possible to unite all South Africans, irrespective of race or religion.
    He has sacrificed a lot to do what he is doing and has my full support.

I think, no I'm certain, that the UIM is going to make a big difference in the future politics in SA.

Peace out .. Derek. https://uimsa.org/

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG-20210907-WA0002.jpg 
Views:	148 
Size:	18.7 KB 
ID:	8284

Yours truly in conversation with Neil.
    Last edited by Derlyn; 12-Sep-21 at 06:56 PM.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    @ Derlyn
    I am praying for an inspirational leader like a Moses to lead us out of this morass of ANC crap.
    There is still a lot of goodwill amongst our people as demonstrated during the recent riots and looting. People from all races and backgrounds stood shoulder to shoulder to protect their communities from the terrorist criminals trying to sabotage our economy. Ubuntu is not dead.
    Excellence is not a skill; its an attitude...

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Blurock View Post
    @ Derlyn
    I am praying for an inspirational leader like a Moses to lead us out of this morass of ANC crap.
    There is still a lot of goodwill amongst our people as demonstrated during the recent riots and looting. People from all races and backgrounds stood shoulder to shoulder to protect their communities from the terrorist criminals trying to sabotage our economy. Ubuntu is not dead.
    Neil is going to be on Etv at 7pm this evening.

If interested, have a peek.

Peace out ... Derek.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12