Hi,

This is my first post to the forum. I saw some interesting discussions on a similar topic on the forum, but am not sure it is exactly the same, but if there is a similar thread, please send me there.

I have a Main db feeding to an outhouse db which feeds to a pool db (pool db has 7 day timer, but it is not on).

Some electrical work was recently carried out on the house and pool (replaced lights, added external LED's and added surge protection to main db) and we are getting a strange EL trip:

Generally on weekends (Fri to Mon), the EL will trip on the Main and Outhouse DB's between 6:30 and 7:00pm (as it is getting dark). Immediately I can reset the Main DB EL, but it will trip the house if I reset the outhouse DB. After about 1 hour I can reset the outhouse DB, but sometimes longer. Initially we thought this could be a faulty day night switch, but we have removed all day/night switches. There are no other timers that I know of (small holding, so there are always surprises). Also the fact that it happens around weekends and not every day doesn't make sense. After the trip, LED lights and fluorescent tubes connected to the outhouse db often glow softly, even though it is tripped. It makes no difference is the light switches are on or off. My electrician wondered if it was a N-E failure, but also seemed unsure and felt that the entire db should be rewired. I'm not that keen to do this as it was fine for the 5 years before this.

I hope I am explaining this adequately. Does anyone have any thoughts?

David