Hello all, my first post, so forgive me if this cannot be posted here and might have been covered before.

I'd like your opinion on the wiring of a DB board. I am reviewing the wiring in a house that I bought, that has been added on to many times, but the original DB has never been upgraded. The installation is 3 phase. The current DB can accomodate the amount of circuit breakers required to seperate the various plug and lighting circuits, but is too small to accomodate the amount of cables needing to be pulled in and we would not like to replace the board. So the question to you all is as follows:

Could one terminate all cables into connectors mounted in a customised galvanised connection box, placed in the celing above the DB, then pull a common neutral and earth (16mm˛) to the DB together with a live for each circuit, thus eliminating 66% of individual neutral and earth wiring? I have read the latest SANS10142-1_2017 Edition2 and am still not sure whether the above would be allowed.

Your comments would be appreciated.

For the record, I'm not an electrician, I do have an electrical engineering light current qualification and background and I do know that a qualified electrician should complete the work. This is an investigative stage to determine the best way forward.

Thank you and regards
Stephen