Thread: Processing of Supplier invoices directly to Customer invoices

Thanks

Processing of Supplier invoices directly to Customer invoices

As mentioned in my introduction am I a relatively new user to Pastel. I do however have some knowledge of accounting software.

We have a scenario where work is done by outside contractors (Suppliers to our company) for our customers. We get invoiced for the work and then invoice our customers for the word done. At the moment this is handled by using various generic service item codes to which receipts are done and then invoiced to the clients. My problem is that some of these codes build up an average cost which distorts my sales reports. In the general ledger everything balances out but I am not convinced that this is the correct method.

Is there a way in the standard Pastel Partner to allocate the supplier invoice to a job (WIP) and to invoice this job to the customer?

Any other solution will also be welcome. My main requirement is that I want the supplier invoice linked to some extent to the invoice and be able to determine that all supplier invoices have in fact been invoiced.

Thanks in advance

Oeloff

Thanks
    Hi Oeloff,

Unfortunately it is not possible to link supplier invoices to customer invoices in Pastel Xpress/Partner.

However, the reason that you are seeing distortions on your sales reports is that the generic service item codes might be set up as physical items, rather than as service items in the inventory masterfile. Service items don't carry a unit cost. If you open one of those items under Edit...Inventory...Item File, check on the right side of the screen if it is set up as Physical Item or Service Item.
    Neville Bailey - Sage Pastel Accounting Consultant
    www.accountingsoftwaresupport.co.za
    neville@accountingsoftwaresupport.co.za
    IronTree Online Solutions

"Give every person more in use value than you take from them in cash value."
    WALLACE WATTLES (1860-1911)

3. Thanks given for this post:

VLW (09-Nov-17)

Thanks
    Neville, thanks for the quick reply!

I actually want the cost of the job reflected as part of the sale as commission is paid on the gross profit of the transaction. Having it set up as a physical item, the process would be to accumulate cost to the item and the book it out immediately. In theory the average cost of the item will then change every time a receipts is done for the supplier invoice and when booked, the on-hand quantity must change to zero. The problem is there is sometimes a lag in the process and more than one invoice are receipted which changes the cost per job en my GP is worked out incorrectly.

I just don't like the process and was looking for a solution to book the supplier invoice to a job and the invoice the job. I see there is add-one programs available to handle this but was first looking at solutions within Pastel.

Thanks again for the feedback!

Oeloff

Thanks
    Hi Oeloff, i have a add on solution available for you specifically for job costing, please feel free to drop me a PM if you are interested