Thread: UNAUTHORIZED DEDUCTIONS FROM SALARY WITHOUT.MY KNOWLEDGE

Thanks

UNAUTHORIZED DEDUCTIONS FROM SALARY WITHOUT.MY KNOWLEDGE

Unauthorised salaMy name is Grace Makombe im a 32yr old female residing on the Cape.flats. employed by a company Mazana trading cc that got a tender from the City of Cape Town.We do solid waste.I signed a year contract on 01/02/2017. My basic salary is R3300pm.

I have 2complaints:The 1st one is as follows
    On Thursday 1June 2017 an incident happened on my way to work.I was walking with my supervisor and 2work collegues when a lady that work for EPW(solid waste) confronted me with a spade in her hand,swearing and shouting at me,the lady wanted to fight with me,but my supervisor and 2colleagues stood between us to prevent her getting to me My supervisor send me and my co worker home,because of the way that EPW worker went on,swearing and stuff.My co worker was the one that tried to intervened to prevent that lady from hitting me with a spade.They send us home,but the lady that started this Incident and who was still swearing infront of the wardcouncillor wasnt send home 30min aftermanagement of mazana trading with my supervisor arrived at my house tohearwhat.happend,The Managers(Trudene & colleague) got out of their vehicLe and started to question me right there in the road in the public, told them,my supervisor was with me when that lady confronted me and when this incident happend.They asked me to call my co worker(the one that was send home with me)The management told us that we are suspended without pay until they set a hearing date.And they said we might be dismissed.
    How can they dismiss me,I didnt do.anything wrong,I was being attacked,but im being punished.
    They didnt do anything to the person responsible for this entire incident,the one that confronted me insulting and swearing at me is still in her job working,while im at home suspended,I was suspended for 4days unpaid on.the 5th day my Manager Trudene van Noie contacted me via whatsapp asking me to report on duty the following day,I was under the impression that the Disciplinary hearing was also going to happen,but there wasnt a hearing,before tea time that same day the managers showed up at work,They spoke to me and my collegue we had to sign warnings also,and 4days unpaid.

The 2nd complaint is as follows
    Happend 25/10/2017 payday
    My basic salary is R3300pm.But ive never received the full amount of my basic salary,Last month I was absent from work once and came 30min late on one occasion,they deducted almost R500.
    Last month 2weeks before pay day,a relative of mine passed away suddenly and wasnt in a funeral policy.I asked my boss to help me with a R2000 loan,and I also asked him if its possible that he can deduct it in 4parts wich he did not respond to.He borrowed me the money,on payday I noticed that he didnt deduct anything,Our salary was paid into my account today and they deposited only a R500 intomyaccount.WhenIquestioned my boss he said he took the entire amount at once.Can he do that?He took my entire salary without informing me.When he gave me the loan we didnt sign any agreement or anything according to management we suppose to work 22days in order to get the basic salary of R3300,I was absent from work,but I handed my proof in as to where I was on the 3days I was absent,but they still made it unpaid,If you check my timesheet it states 3days unpaid,yet it states that they only paying mefor16days.They deposited a R500 into my account,
    R2800 was taken from my salary,without notifying me and without my permission.They only deposited R500 into my.bank account.
    I just want to know the fact that my employer took almost my entire salary isnt that against the labour law,Yes he gave me a loan,and I know he must deduct his money,but his not allowed to take 90% of my salary.
    And I didnt give him permission to deduct that amount of money from my salary.Why should I apologise and beg for my own money,money ive worked hard for?
    Howlong should I wait for my boss to respond to my matter?As an employee I have rights,but most importantly I have humanrights.I am the bread winner in our house,My parents are both pensioners and I have a 10yr old child thats also dependant on me

Suspended
    Thanks
    You borrowed money and and they were kind enough to lend you the money, no agreement was reached so yes they can deduct all the money.

Thanks
    According to the Basic Conditions of Employment Act (BCEA)

Deductions and other acts concerning remuneration
    34. (1) An employer may not make any deduction from an employee’s remuneration
    unless—
    (a) subject to subsection (2), the employee in writing agrees to the deduction in
    respect of a debt specified in the agreement

And..
    Information about remuneration

33. (1) An employer must give an employee the following information in writing on
    each day the employee is paid:

(e) the amount and purpose of any deduction made from the remuneration;

Suspended
    Thanks
    (e) the amount and purpose of any deduction made from the remuneration;

And that explains that .....