Ive recently come across a issue , i developed a website for a client, its been a few months and the client cant seem to make up her mind in what she wants for her website. I offered advice as a have a decent knowledge of SEO , social marketing and all the rest ( you kind of have to when you are competing in serps for web design queries because all of your competition knows seo too ).

I phoned her since we were now to collaborate , i had no issue with this, ( she had very compelling writing skills on her site ) but over the phone she told me i need to supply her links of my work, so she can see if i can work with her as a developer !!! I was insulted. I need to prove myself to somebody who clearly doesnt know what they are doing. My seo and content is far Superior to hers , the site i had created for my client has Superior structure and ranking than this "Seo Content Writers" site.

I could not even find them on google unless actually entering their website name ( this is a established company , who boast about seo and marketing ). Secondly and this is irrelevant but it was a WordPress site , non responsive with a yoast plugin ( basically a seo and writing assist tool for beginners ).

She then told me that if she uses another developer my footer credits will be removed , fortunately this woman never paid in full for her website and i am now going to decline the rest and take the site back as i have 3 clients waiting for websites.

I makes me angry that i sat down with this client provided everything she needed as a developer, got her site ranking on the top of google for its queries , and now some smooth talking company is going to come push me off all of my hard work.

My question is in future if somebody has paid in full, can a content writer contract another developer and simply remove my copyright and credit link on the page? Because i have worked with one before and i know they sub contract to developers. Is there a clause i can add to my contract to protect me from this?