Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Copyright Notices

Diamond Member
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by New Perspective studio View Post
    For a line stating designed by so and so .... well you are would be one in a thousand then.
    LoL - You lot give yourselves far too much credit - I think that you should have a sticker on the back of your car for each and every mechanic that works on your car. Maybe a sticker on your pizza for the chef too!

Email problem
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by adrianh View Post
    LoL - You lot give yourselves far too much credit - I think that you should have a sticker on the back of your car for each and every mechanic that works on your car. Maybe a sticker on your pizza for the chef too!
    Too much credit ... google some websites you will see it everywhere , its accepted in general, besides most webmaster like the credit link , because it holds the designer accountable for the design standard, and the designer doesn't want work that looks like crap.. because now his name is on it too. So both parties benefit.

Some of the biggest brands in the country like Spar do it i am not even going to go into medium sized businesses , and those that are big enough have in house developers so there is no need for the credit link as they probably have a whole development and marketing team employed.

If you don't want it don't take it. I don't see why you feel it necessary to stereotype developers as you guys lol.

Most webmasters as you will see from the google search i know you wont bother to perform , know this and apply it. Either that or you need to up the quality of people you work with, it sounds like you have had a bad experience.

Diamond Member
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by New Perspective studio View Post
    Too much credit ... google some websites you will see it everywhere , its accepted in general, besides most webmaster like the credit link , because it holds the designer accountable for the design standard, and the designer doesn't want work that looks like crap.. because now his name is on it too. So both parties benefit.

Some of the biggest brands in the country like Spar do it i am not even going to go into medium sized businesses , and those that are big enough have in house developers so there is no need for the credit link as they probably have a whole development and marketing team employed.

If you don't want it don't take it. I don't see why you feel it necessary to stereotype developers as you guys lol.

Most webmasters as you will see from the google search i know you wont bother to perform , know this and apply it. Either that or you need to up the quality of people you work with, it sounds like you have had a bad experience.

The problem is that YOU PEOPLE are so insecure that you have to put your little notice on everything you touch. You lot are just like photographers - We pay you to do a task - Do it properly and don't try to advertise on our account. YOU PEOPLE think that you are special, you are not. The accountant, doctor, dentist, mechanic, electrician, panel beater, chef, maid, gardener, hell not even the hair stylist get to plonk their little ad on anything they touch, why should you. It is because you are INSECURE. If you were not INSECURE you wouldn't worry about sh!t like that, you would do your work well and know that your customer would recommend you. Anybody that needs to put his little sticker on something that another person paid for is INSECURE. You nor anybody else gets to put their little sticker on anything that I own (I pay for your service so give me my product and get lost)

Suspended
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by adrianh View Post
    The problem is that YOU PEOPLE are so insecure that you have to put your little notice on everything you touch. You lot are just like photographers - We pay you to do a task - Do it properly and don't try to advertise on our account. YOU PEOPLE think that you are special, you are not. The accountant, doctor, dentist, mechanic, electrician, panel beater, chef, maid, gardener, hell not even the hair stylist get to plonk their little ad on anything they touch, why should you. It is because you are INSECURE. If you were not INSECURE you wouldn't worry about sh!t like that, you would do your work well and know that your customer would recommend you. Anybody that needs to put his little sticker on something that another person paid for is INSECURE. You nor anybody else gets to put their little sticker on anything that I own (I pay for your service so give me my product and get lost)

LOL ..... straight up

5. Thanks given for this post:

adrianh (01-Nov-17)

Silver Member PlatinumWealth.co.za's Avatar
    Thanks
    I found the blog post about responsive design bit ironic given the fact that your website is not responsive, it's like a hacked bootstrap job.
    The JSE Investment and Finance Forum - PlatinumWealth.co.za
    JSE Investing Chat Group
    Unlock US Netflix

Suspended
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by PlatinumWealth.co.za View Post
    I found the blog post about responsive design bit ironic given the fact that your website is not responsive, it's like a hacked bootstrap job.

Wow now we insult ........werent we talking about the advertising part on the website, not the actual content ??

Im going to ask our web developer about the "hacked bootstrap job" and see if he might want to contact you !

Just as a matter of interest - why are you on this forum running down other peoples websites, when you have your own forum !?
    Last edited by HR Solutions; 01-Nov-17 at 04:33 PM.

Email problem
    Thanks
    LOL ok let me end this here.

One insecurity is responding with such aggression and stereotyping a trade , because i asked a question.. i asked a question , you told me let it go , i kinda said i guess il have to. ( yet you pursue me with negative comments ).
    Clearly you have something to prove to yourself or the other members of this forum.
    I hope you have achieved it and it makes you better at whatever it is you do when you are not bashing people you deem lower than yourself in a effort to improve your own self esteem.

Most smart business people never really discard a designer or developer and they know the industry constantly changes, so they would need somebody with knowledge of how they work , or get a in house guy .... it seems however you have not yet learnt this lesson . ''

As for the site , it was to be abandoned , it was the first thing i ever wrote , i a have another that is my main, this one however started pulling jobs , i dont have the time to fix it ( it needs a complete overhaul honestly) heck it doesn't even use bootstrap it is what it is makes money for no real effort. It also messes with my competition taking up spaces in the top 3 spots and pushing them below on the serps..... , and i can play around with quotes between the two so why not its not costing my main brand anything its actually helping it.

Thanks to those whom actually did try to help .Click image for larger version. 

Name:	platinum.JPG 
Views:	164 
Size:	39.2 KB 
ID:	6925 Better ask that web developer to look at your own site first mate ( dont even know hoe you guys go wrong with templates ),
    with a 10 second loading time too.
    Also the other site drop down tabs do not go to the next tier on a mobile version
    If you did these sites yourself i suggest you go to wp beginners and read up on plugins and why they arent so great when overused by somebody who could write that same function in php.

I thought my "bootstrap" site had problems lmao and thiese are supposed to be legit...

Since being a member here ive always tried to help people as best i could and also get information regarding things i am not clued up on from people i deem more experienced than myself in business ( which would be many member on here)
    I dnt have a chip on my shoulder .

. Ive enjoyed it here for the most part and i wish to continue doing so, so i no longer wish to participate in this thread because its throwing stones. You have you opinions i have my answer thanks
    Last edited by New Perspective studio; 01-Nov-17 at 07:21 PM.

Suspended
    Thanks
    Most smart business people never really discard a designer or developer and they know the industry constantly changes, so they would need somebody with knowledge of how they work , or get a in house guy .... it seems however you have not yet learnt this lesson . ''
    Lol .... We have approx 40000 candidates on our books via that "boot" website where they upload their cv,s ......... So many of them call themselves web developers and I have lost all respect for them due to their attitudes .... And you are just proving it again !
    Last edited by IanF; 02-Nov-17 at 07:08 AM.

Email problem
    Thanks
    Your opinion, i only wanted to know about the copyright, i asked because my knowledge of the law and business is not that good.

I came here specifically because i assumed most of you are established business people and would tell me what the law is and what you do, which you did , to which i basically said i dont like,but i can understand it, if thats the way it is then i can take advantage of it i guess. The rest of the rubbish that came out of this thread means nothing to me.

I dont think the sun shines out my backend. I value what i learn here too much to lose the ability to talk with other people over some petty remarks like that.

So i ask you let it be, i understand your point , i dont think ive been arrrogant as a developer , but it seems you all beilieve we are, so its something i will have to keep a observe when dealing with clients. Perhaps i am who knows.

11. Thanks given for this post:

Dave A (01-Nov-17)

Suspended
    Thanks
    Cool

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast