Thread: Entered a payment in the wrong date

Thanks

Entered a payment in the wrong date

Hi there
    I work on Pastel Xpress Version 12. I entered a payment in the wrong date. I then entered the payment again in the correct date. Obviously this messed up the whole account. I have now reversed both captured payments. My problem is now that when I go into match open item I have R 26 000 unallocated. I know which invoices to allocate them to but these invoices does not appear on the screen. What do I do to get these invoices to show on the screen and to allocate the R26 000 to them. PLEASE HELP

Thanks
    Hi CargoFactors,

Do the invoices not appear on the screen at all or do they appear as 0.00 with a plus sign next to them?
    No act of kindness, no matter how small, is ever wasted. - Aesop "The Lion and the Mouse"

Thanks
    Hi Mike

Thank you for the reply. I eventually got this matter sorted but now I am sitting with a completely different problem. My "match open items" on this account is correct BUT my statement is a mess for eg. The client owes R7000 in 30 days and R 5000 in current. Current is correct on the statement but 30 days says that the client owes R 20 000. I have tried many different things to try and sort this out but with no luck. Seems like I am just messing up the account more. Maybe I should just close the account and start a new account?

Thanks
    I was actually wondering about your original post. As I read it you entered a payment in the Cash Book with the wrong date and then linked it to the Invoice.
    Then you entered the payment in the Cash book with the correct date and there was no Invoice to link it to because it was already linked.
    So you reversed both payments. This put you in the situation where you struggled to match payments and reversals to the Invoice ... but leaves the client's payment still needing to be entered.

Could this be why his 30 days are still showing 20,000.00 rather than 7,000.00

Am I on the right track?
    No act of kindness, no matter how small, is ever wasted. - Aesop "The Lion and the Mouse"