Thread: txlady

Email problem
    Thanks

txlady

I sent a package to a friend of mine who is South Africa working on a construction site. I have no experience with deal with any thing out of the US. I knew I would have to pay an import fee but not something assessed that is more than what the merchandise is worth. The package contained a 3 year old note book computer in like new condition, memory sticks used, a small inexpensive camera new in original packaging, sd card new in original packaging, card reader used , two t shirts birthday gifts not in any packaging, manufactured food in original containers, ie cookies, tea, peanut butter, cereal and some crackers. Total weight 14 lbs. The package left the USA on 9-5-17 and has just today 10-10-17 been released from customs along with a tax invoice. Can someone please explain to me what these fees are? Vat on Bill of Entry, Provisional Payment, advancement fee, and release verification? The US value was listed as $560.00 when I sent the package and the shipment fee was 480.00 USD and now I get this bill for 459.21 USD. Can someone please explain to me how this works and why these fees are so much? Thanks for you help

Suspended
    Thanks
    just today 10-10-17 been released from customs along with a tax invoice
    It has already already been released ? With a tax invoice ?? Has it already been paid ?

Email problem
    Thanks
    I was told that packages, wires and moneygrams can only be sent in the name of someone who has an address in the country. So this package was sent to the one of the guards on the construction site. the FedEx Express bill is in his name and the copy that I received says Copy Tax Invoice. So I believe yes it has been released to him and he has paid the invoice and looking for reimbursement before the package will be given to my friend.

Suspended
    Thanks
    So how do you get a bill of 459 dollars ? what Bill ? First u say u have to pay a bill , now you have to reimburse ??? Something is not right here !! And tell me what "guard" is going to pay fedex for someone else ???!!! Either this is a scam or another dumb American !

Thanks
    Thanked 2,676 Times in 2,257 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Government is really doing a stunning job of discouraging our citizens from receiving gifts from abroad, I'm afraid. There's even a newly introduced fee payable on the customs release of packages when there are no import taxes payable nowadays.

There should be some appeal process information on the invoice document. Never had to try it though.

Did you like this article? Share it with your favourite social network.

Did you like this article? Share it with your favourite social network.