I sent a package to a friend of mine who is South Africa working on a construction site. I have no experience with deal with any thing out of the US. I knew I would have to pay an import fee but not something assessed that is more than what the merchandise is worth. The package contained a 3 year old note book computer in like new condition, memory sticks used, a small inexpensive camera new in original packaging, sd card new in original packaging, card reader used , two t shirts birthday gifts not in any packaging, manufactured food in original containers, ie cookies, tea, peanut butter, cereal and some crackers. Total weight 14 lbs. The package left the USA on 9-5-17 and has just today 10-10-17 been released from customs along with a tax invoice. Can someone please explain to me what these fees are? Vat on Bill of Entry, Provisional Payment, advancement fee, and release verification? The US value was listed as $560.00 when I sent the package and the shipment fee was 480.00 USD and now I get this bill for 459.21 USD. Can someone please explain to me how this works and why these fees are so much? Thanks for you help