Thread: 4 Best Foods To Eat When in Africa

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Thanks

4 Best Foods To Eat When in Africa

Africa is resplendent with varieties of delicious, mouth-watering cuisines to enjoy. Jumia Travel shares 4 best foods to eat when in Africa.

Pounded Yam and Egusi
    This is a Nigerian delicacy that mainly comprises pounded yam (as the name already implies) and vegetable leaf soup thickened with ground melon seeds, seasoned and garnished with assorted meat, fish or chicken. Egusi soup can also be eaten with other dishes like amala and eba (dried grated cassava flour mixed with hot water and stirred into a firm dough).
    Braai/Shisa Nyama
    This is a very popular meal in South Africa and is largely considered a part of the South African eating experience. This meal largely consists of barbecued meat and is usually accompanied with maize porridge (Pap en Vleis) and a cold glass of beer. The barbecued meat usually comprises of beef, chicken, pork, lamb or sausages.
    Alloco
    This meal is largely associated with the Ivorians. It’s a fried plantain snack that’s often served with chilli pepper and onions, or egg and tomato sauce. It’s quite easy to prepare and is popular for its unique taste. The meal is widely served as a fast-food that’s readily available on the streets of Cote d’Ivoire, and food vendors that are known for ‘alloco’ commonly go by the name, ‘allocodromo’.
    Piri Piri Chicken
    This is a spicy Mozambique dish with a rich blend of African, Portuguese, Oriental and Arab flavours. It’s believed to have been created in Angola and Mozambique when Portuguese settlers arrived with 'chile' pepper. It is generally known as 'grilled chicken piri piri' by tourists, and is commonly served with ‘matapa’, a dish of cassava leaves cooked in peanut sauce.

Suspended
    Thanks
    Why all these copy pastes on a business forum ?

Thanks
    This isn't a copy and paste article. It's mine. I post some of my articles on other forums and platforms, some websites also publish some of my articles because they like the content, but this doesn't make my articles any less original. Some of the information I share on culture as it relates to Africa and South Africa are useful for business forums, but because I know it's not a business topic per se, I post it in the general chat category of this forum.

Did you like this article? Share it with your favourite social network.

Did you like this article? Share it with your favourite social network.