Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Be honest about SA

Thanks

Be honest about SA

Gentlemen, I am very worried about SA. One must be deaf, dumb and stupid not to be. Look around you. So much is wrong it is beyond all our energy to even list it all. My little one is 6. She is quite unaffected by it all - I hope to keep it that way.

Funny how the biggest liberals have left already... and those still here are just about to go or at the very least seriously contemplating it.

We are the protest capital of the world (google it). We have "service delivery protests", that, my dear friends, is short talk for revolution.

God help us all
    It is not the strongest of the species that survive, nor the most intelligent, but the one most responsive to change. – Charles Darwin

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    I think that RSA is in a very bad position, and can not see ourselves getting out of it, for many years to come.
    The rot is very deep, in fact it is prevalent in every aspect of our daily lives, just read the news. To change the mindset of the residents of RSA, who have been poisoned by the current government rhetoric, will take decades to eliminate.
    Currently there is approximately 12 million young adults, between the ages of 15 and 24, who have no affiliation to the current government, and may sway the vote away from the current government. If this happens, then there may be a change. The question is going to be who they vote for. Taking into consideration that they are still naive, they may believe that nationalizing everything is going to provide them with jobs.

I have reached a time in my life that I can not wait around for another 10 to 15 years to see an improvement, by then I may be past my sell by date and not have the energy to start afresh.
    Victor - Knowledge is a blessing or a curse, your current circumstances make you decide!
    Solar pumping, Solar Geyser & Solar Security lighting solutions - www.microsolve.co.za

3. Thanks given for this post:

pmbguy (22-Sep-17)

Thanks
    Hell JustL you not that old brother.
    The question is not whether the ANC can be voted out (which is entirely possible) the real question, however, is how the ANC would "behave" as the official opposition? Can you bloody imagine. Them being voted out is one scenario, the other 99 are all also pretty damn dark.
    It is not the strongest of the species that survive, nor the most intelligent, but the one most responsive to change. – Charles Darwin

Thanks
    I don't read fiction. I read only history, specifically conflict with some specialization (roughly 1845-1946). Anyway, each book comes with a chapter or chapters on the causes of war. Of much concern is that if those were boxes we have checked each and every damn one.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    The other question of course.If the ANC losses, will they vacate the building?
    With their attitude to the rule of law, well it is debatable.

If you in JZs shoes right now, and with the possibility of going to jail, and with the support of a majority of MPs on his side, simply because they were hand picked by him, and bearing in mind that the Police, SANDF, NPA, PP, Hawks are all his hand picked henchmen, who will act against the loser?

One way is to ensure that there is no election, so that the status quo remains. So how does one do it?
    What about creating a situation that the year end conference does not take place, and so JZ remains the president of the ANC. Next create a political situation, in which a state of emergency is called, and maintain this situation indefinitely. By so doing, there will be no elections come 2019, then what.........
    The only department not under his direct control is Justice, and I believe this was a miscalculation on the part of JZ, he was under the impression that he had the chief justice MM on his side, but MM has a concience and is applying the law, and ensuring that the top judges do the same, under very difficult life threatening conditions.
    Victor - Knowledge is a blessing or a curse, your current circumstances make you decide!
    Solar pumping, Solar Geyser & Solar Security lighting solutions - www.microsolve.co.za

Suspended
    Thanks
    but MM has a concience and is applying the law, and ensuring that the top judges do the same, under very difficult life threatening condition
    I just hope that zuma does not replace him ....... not even sure if he has the power to do that or not ...... not sure of much these days

Silver Member PlatinumWealth.co.za's Avatar
    Thanks
    Zimbabwe didn't get to where it is over night, it was a process.

Ours have started.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk
    The JSE Investment and Finance Forum - PlatinumWealth.co.za
    JSE Investing Chat Group
    Unlock US Netflix

9. Thanks given for this post:

pmbguy (03-Nov-17)

Diamond Member
    Thanks
    South Africa is no different from America. The country is run by a handful of people and politics is just a side show to occupy the masses. Zuma entrenched his entire extended family and cronies in every aspect of government so it doesn't matter whether he is the the figurehead or not. People who think that ousting Zuma is going to make any difference are deluding themselves. Zuma played the ANC just as Bush played the American public. Can you cure the cancer.....only if you completely oust the current regime and replace it completely (maybe then you have a tiny chance)

Thanks
    Thanked 2,676 Times in 2,257 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by pmbguy View Post
    So much is wrong it is beyond all our energy to even list it all.
    Pretty much why I have stopped spending much time thinking about it - I realised it was poisoning my mind and wrecking my own productivity.

Every now and then I'll take notice of something - like it took seven years to have Mpshe's obviously irrational decision to drop the charges against Jacob Zuma set aside. It has taken another year and some to reach a point where Jacob Zuma's legal counsel acknowledges in court that the decision was irrational!!!

And still there is no sign that Jacob Zuma will ever actually have his day in court.
    On current form, one has to say - probably not.

Are the charges reinstated and the process just supposed to pick up where it left off?
    Years of litigation ahead to decide that one, I expect.

And then should the day arrive, potentially post posthumously on the part of the defendant, surely the first motion of the defense is going to be that all the delays have unreasonably prejudiced the defendant and therefore the case must be summarily dismissed.

And this is just one issue which has knocked our country's today and future. No shortage of others.

Suspended
    Thanks
    Pretty much why I have stopped spending much time thinking about it - I realised it was poisoning my mind and wrecking my own productivity.
    I agree with you Dave - I don't even watch the news anymore. More often than not the media dramatise something - its all very depressing and better I don't know every day to day detail.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Did you like this article? Share it with your favourite social network.

Did you like this article? Share it with your favourite social network.