Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Be honest about SA

Thanks
    Thanked 2,677 Times in 2,258 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by pmbguy View Post
    Now, it is rather clear what those variables are. Just from the top of my hat... like appropriating a farm without compensation.
    I'm still hopeful that's more noise than reality looming.

Talking of looming - The thing to watch for is the outcome of the ANC National Conference. That should give us some serious clues.

Thanks
    Glad to here that!
    It is not the strongest of the species that survive, nor the most intelligent, but the one most responsive to change. – Charles Darwin

Thanks
    My family invested locally, but Dave this was back in the 90's and I think they may have made a killing.

6 Years. Shit Dave... I know very little about it, but it seems rather risky.
    It is not the strongest of the species that survive, nor the most intelligent, but the one most responsive to change. – Charles Darwin

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave A View Post
    I'm still hopeful that's more noise than reality looming.

Talking of looming - The thing to watch for is the outcome of the ANC National Conference. That should give us some serious clues.
    The ANC conference will be the most interesting shit in SA bar none. Given the political killings in KZN, how even more interesting indeed.

Silver Member PlatinumWealth.co.za's Avatar
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave A View Post
    Long way from it, actually. Just recently put my signature to a 6 year local commitment. If it comes to pass, things will have to get really messed up for me to abandon that.
    I wanted to to buy a place this year, but decided to wait another 12 months.

I'm not sure I'm willing to commit to this country whilst Atul is still president of South Africa.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk
    The JSE Investment and Finance Forum - PlatinumWealth.co.za
    JSE Investing Chat Group
    Unlock US Netflix

Suspended
    Thanks
    From my side can say that I love SA with all my heart, but with the political instability (which I don't see getting better) my thoughts have turned recently, to the options of immigrating should things really hit the fan here...
    For the record, SA, has been good to me, my concern is, as many, with the future prospects for my kids!

Have been studying the subject for a while and came to conclusion that Australia is too expensive, and most realistic is US/Canada. However I really prefer northern Europe as I spent 2 years there as a student. I can say I’d stay in Norway: great country from many aspects and very secure + the language is not too difficult. Was thinking about it and can’t find a way to get there yet. Greek golden visa can be an option if to buy real estate in Greece. The good thing is that the spouse and children can get the visa too, and property price is really low comparing to other European countries. It’s just an idea though, but might be a way to get inside Europe (Norway). Also thought about Montenegro and Serbia, they are cheap and pretty easy to start from.

Was wondering if anyone here has any experience with moving to Europe with a family?
    Last edited by Dave A; 14-Dec-17 at 12:22 PM.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    I would consider moving to Spain.
    Wonderful country with wonderful people. Language may still be a problem, but Spanish is not too difficult if you put your mind to it.
    Food is fresh and delicious. In some cases it cost less and the wine is good - and they have the sunshine!

On the other hand, I am a South African. Although not born here, I cannot imagine leaving this wonderful country to live alone in a foreign country away from family and friends.
    That is why I always speak my mind against politicians and corruption. I try to make a difference wherever I can. If I can save one starfish every day, that is 365 a year!
    Excellence is not a skill; its an attitude...

8. Thanks given for this post:

maxnewman (18-Dec-17)

Email problem
    Thanks
    Our faintest hope is a full on revolution , that by some miracle people manage to stand together, to not be manipulated by the race card and see what is actually going on, and fight for the proper democracy we all were told was at hand in 1994. Even if this miracle occurs somehow i have read that many historians saying that it takes countries decades to repair economic and social damage after a revolution to just touch base with were they were BEFORE the revolution and from there on positive change happens ( ie the reversal of the governments damages ) .By that time i will be near retirement , my children ( If i had would be working and have gone through school.)

Things are certainly changing politically, well from our perspective ( but i believe one problem is going to replace another ).

Another hope .... some outside power finds a very good reason to tread this land and steps in to force a change...but we as a country will keep rotting away. .. Even then they would not act in whats best for SA.
    Graphic Design company in East London South Africa | Web design company in East London South Africa
    " A plumbers tap always leaks " - Great advice from a forum member

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Did you like this article? Share it with your favourite social network.

Did you like this article? Share it with your favourite social network.