Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Fraudulent clients

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave A View Post
    Pretty safe to say if you uploaded content knowing it was fraudulent, you would likely be deemed party to the fraud.

The question I guess is - how hard are you supposed to look?
    Thats true - think you must apply the 'reasonable' rule...

Email problem
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave A View Post
    Pretty safe to say if you uploaded content knowing it was fraudulent, you would likely be deemed party to the fraud.

The question I guess is - how hard are you supposed to look?
    Well with seo every little bit helps because its so competitive, so i would say hard enough that if they were fraudulent one would know.

Thanks
    I want to applaud you for taking this seriously. If only more people would do that there may be a lot less corruption in our country. I know that the seasoned answer may be - "Well if you don't do it they will just find someone who will" - but you are still the person who has to look at yourself in the mirror every morning.

So, give the benefit of the doubt when you need to but, if something seems "off" you may need to consult your conscience.
    No act of kindness, no matter how small, is ever wasted. - Aesop "The Lion and the Mouse"

4. Thanks given for this post:

New Perspective studio (23-Jul-17)

Suspended
    Thanks
    So by a client not producing certain certificates means u can jump to these conclusions ??

Email problem
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by HR Solutions View Post
    So by a client not producing certain certificates means u can jump to these conclusions ??
    \
    Well if you must know certificates made me a little suspicious why would you not show them if you had them its a great way to gain authority .... but like you said maybe they are a sister company ...

There is a section on which they say all electrical work is done by their in house department "company x" , so i looked for a facebook page , any trace of these guys nothing... fair enough maybe they are new...

iI understand you saying its not my job to investigate , but in terms of seo when you provide me with such thin content it IS my job to go and dig for the content that matters in terms of rankings. I do not see why a company would find this offensive as this is exactly what they asked me when they

asked for seo services,If i did not do this searching for more valid content, i would be cheating them out of money so if they do have a problem with it , that in itself is suspicious.

So yes these things can be explained but how many red flags do i pass until i say enough....

It was when i asked for staff photos and found that some of the photos of directors and project managers where f people at home or at the beach - fair enough maybe just new to business -but further along i even reverse searched one staff images, to see if i could not find a better fitting picture ,only to find a purchased stock image , which if you know how is easy to obtain without the watermark.

So unless one of their managing directors is or was, a stock image model for shutterstock my conscious is clear.
    Last edited by New Perspective studio; 23-Jul-17 at 12:55 PM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12