One of my clients constantly have Open Item issues with Pastel Xpress. The ledger balances, but every now and then there is an issue when they want to send Statements to their clients. In all of these cases there is a problem with the receipts not showing up on the statements. I've done O/I to BFF conversions, which is not the best route because you loose all your Open Item history, I've even done a data fix, passing a journal, saving the O/I file somewhere else, restoring the backup removing the journal and copying the O/I file back just to have the O/I history corrected, but not even this hack is working.

I have no idea what could be the cause of this, from all my clients this is the only one experiencing this issue, so it must be something specific on their computer causing the problem. Pastel only wants to do a datafix everytime this happens, they are not interested in getting to the bottom of the cause, because they want their money through Pervasive database fixes. I've been told Pervasive also transfers data through the WiFi connection even if it is only one computer (in this case a Laptop) and the data is on the computer itself. This causes data loss. Not sure if this is true, doesn't really make sense.

Problem is, the client is passing the bucket to me, something is wrong with Pastel's setup according to them, but I also work on Pastel on a daily basis, on a laptop but yes on a wired connection and not over WiFi. I have never seen so many O/I differences on a Customer Detailed ledger. Can it possibly be Avast causing the problem, which is also hard to believe because I have two other clients also using Avast Internet security and they never have O/I difference problems.

Any advice will be appreciated.