Thread: Pastel Xpress

Email problem
    Thanks

Pastel Xpress

Good Day,

Please could you help me. On my cashbooks my balance is incorrect on one of my accounts. How do I undo the balance opening on a cashbook?

Thanx

Thanks
    Hi Monique. You need to find out what caused the opening balance to be "incorrect". Check your earlier months to find out if they are still correct.
    No act of kindness, no matter how small, is ever wasted. - Aesop "The Lion and the Mouse"

Email problem
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike C View Post
    Hi Monique. You need to find out what caused the opening balance to be "incorrect". Check your earlier months to find out if they are still correct.
    Hi Mike,
    I went through every transaction for June and can not find the amount that is short. The balance captured and the bank balance does not tie up, I checked every month previous to June and all balance.

How do I correct the balance on the cashbook? I updated the cashbook by accident before I reconciled the bank.... :-(

Thanks
    Hi Monique. The balance cannot just differ if all the transactions entered were correct ... unless of course there was some data corruption (which Neville Bailey would be able to help with).

Try going to "File - Data Integrity" and run the "Verify Data Only" option. If there is data corruption it should give a report.

The items I would look for are:
    Something entered in payments instead of receipts and vica versa (that would actually be half the amount that you are out by as the error is doubled by this kind of mis-allocation).
    An entry which has gone into the wrong month.
    A journal entry in which the contra account was a Bank Account. (Pastel normally warns you when you try to do that)
    A transfer from one cash book to another without going via a "Transfer Account".

Let us know how you fare.
    No act of kindness, no matter how small, is ever wasted. - Aesop "The Lion and the Mouse"

Email problem
    Thanks
    Ok I found my mistake, I entered the bank statement amount wrong when I did my recon. It was a typo, now my balance on the cashbook shows wrong... How do I fix this mess now?

Thanks
    Hi Monique. Glad you found the error. Not too sure where the error occured though. Are you saying that you entered an amount from the bank statement into the cash book incorrectly and then updated or was it when you did the reconciliation that you entered the final total of the bank statement in incorrectly?

Email problem
    Thanks
    Hi Mike, it was when I did my Reconciliation. I entered the value there and updated so my cash book balance is incorrect. :-( Now I need to fix the cash book balance and don't know how!

Thanks
    Hi Monique - I see that under the "Change" tab there is an option to "Reconcile / Unreconcile Cash Book".

I have never used this before so am not too sure how it will work. Please make a backup before you attempt it so that you can restore if it does not work out.

If this doesn't work then I think we are now in the domain where it might need to be changed internally. Neville Bailey (a member of this forum) has the software to make various adjustment, so I would suggest that you send him a Private Message asking him about it. He is absolutely brilliant on Pastel matters and I can recommend him highly. Please let us know how you get on.

Email problem
    Thanks
    Hi Mike,
    I have done that exercise and still no luck with changing the balance on the cash book. ..... Think best I contact Neville.
    Will give feedback on this when we figured it out for future records :-)
    Thank you for your help!