hi

I have been working at Company A for approximately 8 years, i have a signed contract with them that if i resign i will need to provide 1 months notice. 2 years ago i was put onto a project and was told that my salary increase needed to be paid as a service provider. my boss got his accountant to setup a pty ltd company for me and i would receive a regular salary of 50% and the balance was paid into this company account for which i provided an invoice each month.

i paid my vat on this company account and got assistance from the accountant with things like returns, etc

a few months ago i get told that the company is not doing too well and we are all getting cutbacks, i will no longer be able to get paid for my invoice and have since taken a 50% knock in income. i am in the process of seeking alternate employment.

the boss decided to create a new company B and for the past 2 month all employees have been paid by Company B which has a new bank account , we had a general meeting to tell us that we have all been moved over to company B but we have not received anything in writing to the effect

1 - we are no longer working for company A
2 - company B has taken over company B
3 - new employment contracts for company B

what are my options for resignation - particularly in regards to a notice period ?

technically i am working for a new company for less that 3 months and shouldnt have to put in a full months of notice

i would really like some guidance , thank you