If i may ask, where do you guys hire staff from.

I know that sounds silly but I really really battling to get people to assist.

I have hired and fired over 25 - 30 people in the last 3 years and interviewed many more.

The kind of work I'm asking people to do is really quite simple (not just saying that it really is a lot of plug sockets and lights in shops)

I get people who are N6 trade tested and all that and in my mind if someone is calling themselves an electrician I should be able to go - Here's the drawings, here is the material, this is how it needs to be done, you need to watch out for this watch out for that, here's my number if there is a problem, I'm going to go take care of business - see you tommorow.

I don't offer crappy wages, I pay electrician rate for electricians and I pay electrician assistant rates for electrical assistants.

Some people don't even last the day.

I have tried the Gumtree thing and been VERY clear what we are after (must have experience in xyz, must live with in this area ect.) and I am still filtering through over 600 CV's and "I'm interested - Phone me 071 can't be arsed to send you details 123 4321"

Basically I'm tired of paying someone a fair days wage and then I find myself on working half the night and Saturday and Sunday fixing stuff that been done wrong or they haven't finished.

I think I'm just grumpy because I have only had 3 days of this year and I'm just burnt out.