Thread: Problems with Sage Xpress17 upgrade

Thanks

Problems with Sage Xpress17 upgrade

I recently purchased the Sage Xpress17 upgrade and installed it on my laptop.

I have trying to migrate my company from Xpress11 to Xpress17 for the past week.

Sage support has thus far been unable to provide me with a solution. I will really appreciate it if someone here can suggest a solution.

There is no link to the conversion assistant on the upgrade DVD that Sage sent me. Also no instructions on how I should get the link. (Although when I e-mailed support the staff member tells me to read the instructions and use the assistant). He even refers me to a printed manual. There was no printed manual delivered with my DVD.

Eventually Support acknowledged that there is no link to a conversion assistant in the upgrade DVD supplied to me and instructed me to press the windows key on my laptop and enter R.

An assistant appeared. However it is an assistant to convert Xpress11 to Xpress12. I try this conversion assistant anyway but all that the conversion assistant calls up are empty folders for Xpress11 and Xpress17. However on my PC all the files are definitely there on the C drive.

I sent yet another e-mail to support yesterday but I am still waiting for an answer.

Has anybody on the forum been able to migrate Xpress11 to the Xpress17 upgrade? Please let me know how you did it.

Thanks
    I compiled a YouTube video yesterday to show someone how to convert Partner11 to Partner17, which should assist you. Substitute all references to Xpress with Partner.

You can launch the Conversion assistant by launching the Convert.exe file situated in your C:\Xpress17 folder.

Here is the video - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LOK0xreVtjE&t=25s
    Neville Bailey - Sage Pastel Accounting Consultant
    www.accountingsoftwaresupport.co.za
    neville@accountingsoftwaresupport.co.za
    IronTree Online Solutions

"Give every person more in use value than you take from them in cash value."
    WALLACE WATTLES (1860-1911)

Thanks
    Thank you Neville.

My problem is that when I come to the 'Data Location' screen on the conversion assistant and I scroll to and click on Xpress11 (or any other folder) there are no files in any of the folders. Thus I can't select my company to add.

Do you have any idea why the conversion assistant is not reading the files on my C drive?

Regards
    Tilene

Thanks
    Hi Tilene,

It is possible that your data folder is located in some other location for some reason. To find out where it is located, open Xpress V11 and then highlight the company on the menu - you will see a path to the company folder below the menu.
    Neville Bailey - Sage Pastel Accounting Consultant
    www.accountingsoftwaresupport.co.za
    neville@accountingsoftwaresupport.co.za
    IronTree Online Solutions

"Give every person more in use value than you take from them in cash value."
    WALLACE WATTLES (1860-1911)

Thanks
    Dear Neville

Thanks so much you have solved my problem! I reloaded my Xpress in 2014 after my laptop broke and it was in another file.