Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Private Banking choice

Thanks
    I have the CEO's name and will track him down if need be. The one account is now raided and dormant and I will do the same with the other account once the fixed investment matured. When my daughters are old enough they can decide to use or loose it.

Yes, I usually have unusual problems. Why would I wan to pay for a card I simply do no need?

My simple R16/m fee account is Go Banking.

I got the Private Banking info from Standard Bank yesterday. It just costs a lot of fees and includes many things I do not need for that specific business account. So that route does not seem to be viable either. So how does one get normal service for a normal account ideally without any call centres which are all useless for my often exceptional queries. I even emailed the Regional Director of SUB STANDARD BANK who is not responding.
    Houses4Rent
    "We treat your investment as we treat our own"
    marc@houses4rent.co.za www.houses4rent.co.za
    083-3115551
    Global Residential Property Investor / Specialized Letting Agent & Property Manager

Silver Member PlatinumWealth.co.za's Avatar
    Thanks
    Keep me posted
    The JSE Investment and Finance Forum - PlatinumWealth.co.za
    JSE Investing Chat Group
    Unlock US Netflix

Thanks
    I repeat then:
    Are there any recommendations as to which bank is more suitable for Private Banking than others?
    Houses4Rent
    083-3115551
    Global Residential Property Investor / Specialized Letting Agent & Property Manager

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Houses4Rent View Post
    I repeat then:
    Are there any recommendations as to which bank is more suitable for Private Banking than others?
    Answer would still be RMB.

Father is with Nedbank private wealth also good apparently.

Have you had a look at Investec yet? Although there fees might be a bit out of whack.
    JSE Investing Chat Group
    Unlock US Netflix

Gold Member
    Thanks
    I have the CEO's name and will track him down if need be. The one account is now raided and dormant and I will do the same with the other account once the fixed investment matured. When my daughters are old enough they can decide to use or loose it.

Yes, I usually have unusual problems. Why would I wan to pay for a card I simply do no need?

My simple R16/m fee account is Go Banking.

I got the Private Banking info from Standard Bank yesterday. It just costs a lot of fees and includes many things I do not need for that specific business account. So that route does not seem to be viable either. So how does one get normal service for a normal account ideally without any call centres which are all useless for my often exceptional queries. I even emailed the Regional Director of SUB STANDARD BANK who is not responding.
    Private banking is going to give you the "normal" personal service that you seem to be searching for. You will have access to a human being for queries, but you will most certainly pay for it. If paying for an unnecessary card every few years concerns you, then be aware that private banking will cost you that at least that every month. They will also have fairly onerous entrance level requirements. Either you must be investing significant amounts with them, have taken large loans or be receiving a chunky salary every month.

Because its a more personal relationship, your experience will depend on the person you deal with more so than the bank. Therefore I wouldn't spend much effort choosing which one, just go with who you usually use or roll a dice.

If you are looking for a good deal or a low cost option, then personal banking is not the way to go.

Thanks
    Sorry, I was not clear and the discussion digressed somehow.

The low cost no frills option aka Capitec is a very different need for my daughters etc (NEED 1) than my business/personal banking needs (NEED 2). So the 2 are separate issues.

But I do see now that business banking gives better access to a human with brains. Apart from the high entry criteria it costs a lot of money whilst I unlikely need most of the things which come standard for that fee.

Gone are the days were one can get normal service without paying extra it seems.
    Houses4Rent
    083-3115551

Thanks
    Sorry, I was not clear and the discussion digressed somehow.

The low cost no frills option aka Capitec is a very different need for my daughters etc (NEED 1) than my business/personal banking needs (NEED 2). So the 2 are separate issues.

But I do see now that business banking gives better access to a human with brains. Apart from the high entry criteria it costs a lot of money whilst I unlikely need most of the things which come standard for that fee.

Gone are the days were one can get normal service without paying extra it seems.
    That never existed before Capitec
    JSE Investing Chat Group
    Unlock US Netflix

Silver Member
    Thanks
    I have been banking with Capitec since 2010.

I enquired about the interest rate as well. If, for example the interest rate was raised, they would not raise their interest rate with the same %. Unfortunately no one wanted to explain that to me, they simply referred me to the website if I wanted to know what the rates were.

But I am sure this is just a minor compared to the problems at other banks, so I am content where I am...

Thanks
    Ok, so Private Banking is not the answer.

I just had another episode with Standard Bank and are now royally fedup. I have business and trust accounts with them. I also have accounts with FNB and Nedbank. Neither of them are sticking out positively. I only have a back up Credit Card with ABSA (pretty dormant) so cannot judge about them much. I do remember though that about 9y ago I had started my business account with ABSA and had to close it a couple of weeks later as it was a total failure.

My question is are any of you using ABSA as a business bank and are happy with them? I do realise this may be a rhetoric question, but I try my luck anyway. I am hoping they may have changed in the last 9 years.

It just dawned on me I never tried Investec. They are supposed to be better aren't they? Is there any trust in that perception?
    Houses4Rent
    083-3115551

Suspended
    Thanks
    I am hoping they may have changed in the last 9 years.
    I don't have an account, but have a friend that works at their HO and when talking to him he says he would not use ABSA.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast