Hi There

My company has had a stream of thefts lately and my bosses have decided that they would like to put in a CCTV system.

This is my question:

As this is a new 'project' there will be a lot of purchases that will need to be made to get it up and going.

1. Should I open up new GL Accounts for say: Security Equipment as fixed assets and Security Expenses for the small expenses like cable, connections ect.

2. The various camera types have different costs should I allocate each camera's below R 7000.00 directly to the expendable equipment account or should I create a new GL code for say "Security Equipment" under fixed assets and allocate all the camera's?

2. How should I allocate the miscellaneous items like: (a) 32 Channel NVR, (b) Network Switches (c) Hard Drive (d) Switch Mode Power Supply (e) Nano Stations.

Basically this is going to be a on going project for say 12 months but I want to utilise as much of the expenses as possible for tax reasons, I'm just not sure what is the correct way to really show it all in pastel?

Any assistance would be really appreciated.

Thanks

Debbie