Hi,

Merry Christmas to all Christian users of this forum!

I thought I would just post a general query before my own Christmas festivities begin and hope that someone notices in the next few days or so.

I am about to start a new business (laundry franchise in Parkview Johannesburg) and have a few tax related questions. I am the only director and shareholder in the company that owns the business.

The company has registered as an employer for PAYE and UIF (I have the relevant reference numbers). And I know how to deduct and pay PAYE and UIF using the eFiling EMP201.

First question(s): Do I have to pay PAYE myself or does the Provisional tax system still apply for me? I think I have read somewhere that company directors now pay tax via PAYE and IRP5. My salary will not be fixed initially. I''l probably not draw any salary for the first six months or so. What about UIF? Do I register and make my own UIF contribution together with my staff?

Second question(s): I am trying to register as an employer at the Dept of Labour for purposes of UIF using the relevant form. What's with the "Fax the form to..."? I haven't seen a fax machine in years. Is there an email address I can use instead? Do I re-register at the DOL every time a new employee joins? Do I register myself as a UIF contributor? If there is no change in employees in a particular month do I still have to send the form W.As 2 to the Dept of Labour? Sorry, these questions are a bit jumbled but its all a little confusing.

Third question(s): After I have registered at the Compensation Commissioner, is there a month deduction and payment that has to be made? How does this work? They want my bank details

Thanks in advance, and once again, Merry Christmas and I hope we all have a prosperous 2017.

Andre