Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Join me in saluting the Goffal Committee of Rhodesia/Zimbabwe.

Silver Member
    Thanks
    Blog Entries

Join me in saluting the Goffal Committee of Rhodesia/Zimbabwe.

In Rhodesia Coloured folk included an intriguing sub- group who helped us re-identify ourselves as goffals … Most had nick-names such as “MaBeans, Nags, Zanda, Curry, Kalangas, Zozo, Cooler, Junks, Mabena, Dorlans, Stoory, Porgy, Goomie, Fiego ..... "
    The fact that there were no Coloured policemen, so the good weed was freely available, contributed to the wonderful diversity of our coummunity.
    They were an ad hoc assemblage of free spirited and loquacious social commentators unrelenting in according issues a unique perspective. “Goffal" was a reference to a Coloured person; and "honkie" and "haute" to a White and Black person respectively. It was rare to hear the different race groups referred to in any other way. Whatever their origins such references were not considered or meant to be disparaging. It was just the way it was in the discourse culture of our community.
    Whatever one may have thought about this sub-group, what emanated from within it was often chillingly disconcerting. It is said that "facts are awkward things". The committee would serve up a plethora of awkward things with brutal irreverence.
    Why were White folk busy tanning their bodies to achieve a nice shade of brown, and curling their hair, whilst despising Coloured folk? Conversely why were Black folk lightening their skins, and straightening their hair, whilst mouthing slogans about "black power" and "black is beautiful" and "I am black and I am proud"? One day the whole world would be some shade of brown however much racial prejudice there was. The need for inter-racial sex was just too strong.
    To the members of this committee the world seethed with convenient untruths and suppression of inconvenient truths. "You cannot talk about justice …" they would say, " … when most people in this country simply cannot afford a good lawyer to defend them … justice is only for the rich".
    And so they went on about a range of issues. If the White man had not come to Africa, the mosquitoes, lions, hyenas and crocodiles would have still had the locals in check. Africa had still not even invented the wheel on arrival of the White man. Zimbabwe was doomed even though the Mugabe cabinet had "… more degrees than a thermometer…" The Jews were forever cursed for having killed Jesus. Starting a religion was "the best business" and most were about making money.
    White people had decimated all wild life in their own countries and now wanted to "preach conservation" to Blacks. The United Nations was nothing more than an incredibly expensive club for political leaders to peddle power, assets and influence for themselves with little corresponding love of humanity. It should be called the "Disunited Nations" or "The United Corrupt Leaders".
    I was not spared and routinely castigated for being part of a system that was inherently unjust.
    The list was endless. It was irreverent … it was not politically correct … it was brutally impolite … but mostly it raised terribly awkward questions that were very difficult to answer. Facts are indeed awkward things. The committee was a heaving hive of cynicism and skepticism. The disturbing thing however is that its predictions are being proved right with monotonous regularity.
    Zimbabwe has joined other countries in Africa as a failed state.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Curry_2.jpg 
Views:	811 
Size:	36.0 KB 
ID:	6588
    The United Nations is a spectacular failure in terms of a cost/benefit test. One needs only to point to the continuing instances of genocide that occur, despite pontifical statements mouthed off at the UN and AU, that was laughed off outright as one of the biggest jokes of our times..
    A brown tan and curly hair is … well more desirable then ever … and … by the time Michael Jackson died he had all but rid himself of all his blackness … the list is endless.
    Today I salute them because, at the heart of their stance was their insistence that “bullshit baffles brains”. They insisted that human beings are hotwired to swallow even utter nonsense, hook line and sinker, provided wonderful promises are included.
    Curry and company were the first to teach me to see things for what they actually are .... to think more and believe less.
    Today the supposedly most advanced people on this planet have been taken in by a narcissistic buffoon who has baffled them with his fancifull promises.
    Our goffal committee would have explained that Trump was a "Skate". A skate was a person who diddled others on the strength of "bullshit".
    Today the great USA has fully confirmed that they were 100% right.
    I am predicting that only the scrapping of ObamaCare will be fulfilled of all Trump’s bullcrap promises.
    PS: Wow ... Trump has already started retracting his loud promises about scrapping ObamaCare.
    Last edited by ChrisNG53; 14-Nov-16 at 11:07 AM. Reason: Trying to merge image to text
    Let us have the conversation!
    Blog: http://coginito.blogspot.com Cognito ergo sum

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    I sense some tongue-in-cheek banter here.

I've known the word Goffal or Goffel since my youth, but have refrained from using it as I have perceived it as being offensive. I've also heard people from Indian descent call each other Charro's.

What is the the meaning of these words and where did it originate? Is it not offensive?
    Excellence is not a skill; its an attitude...

Suspended
    Thanks
    It's a derogatory word and doesn't deserve a read or a reply !!!!

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by HR Solutions View Post
    It's a derogatory word and doesn't deserve a read or a reply !!!!
    My view too. That's why I am asking.
    Excellence is not a skill; its an attitude...

Silver Member
    Thanks
    Blog Entries
    "Goffal" is a term imported by Rhodesian Coloureds from South Africa to reference ourselves as being distinct, politically incorrect, rebellious but still relevant. Humans will often adopt symbols and language around which they will stage and rally.
    "Goffal" is considered highly offensive by South African Coloureds.

Silver Member
    Thanks
    Blog Entries
    Does this TRUE article about these humans have NO relevance or interest????
    Is the fact that they have been proved right quite spectacularly NOT of any significance??

Thanks
    Thanked 2,676 Times in 2,257 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Taking Chris's questions one step further -
    Are South Africans too easily offended?

Suspended
    Thanks
    Of course SA's are easily offended but considering the world that we live in and considering that certain things offend people then why go back 40 years and still call them that ! I think it is dumb and shows a lack of ignorance and is plain shit stirring !

Silver Member
    Thanks
    Blog Entries
    It is so difficult to understand how this true post can be "offensive".
    It happened.
    It was the reality.
    This lot contributed their brand of social discourse and thinking to the prevailing culture.
    They had an "irreverent" stance about all race/ethnic groups,governments and entities such as the United Nations and the African Union.
    So they comprise a small but "real" piece of the fabric that made up Rhodesian society.
    This article has been posted to 21 social media sites.
    It has received acclaim and appreciation from hundreds, if not thousands ... because it is deemed as informative, intriguing, surprising, entertaining, .....
    Why anybody should feel offended at being told about the historical conduct of a very small group of humans is truly bemusing. No one has been offended to date.
    Why it should be considered "stirring"to reveal another aspect of Rhodesian history is confusing.
    From my perceptive I am REALLY intrigued at how right they have been proved over and over again ... and especially now as regards the the USA elections that indeed "bullshit baffles brains" .... lol .. lol .. lol ..
    It should also be noted that as we did not have any Coloured policemen in our community we were free to partake of the good weed,of which Malawi Gold was the favorite of this grouping ... lol ..

Suspended
    Thanks
    Ok I understand where you are coming from now Chris ...... Are you the retired judge that was on our television recently ?

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast