Hi All,

some feedback would be appreciated.

I need to setup a web store for some products I have. It is a pretty simple matrix of products,
The drill down by category will be Make - Model - Year to get to the product listing.

I would prefer to have this hosted through my provider (elitehost.co.za) who have been magical over the years.
I have had a look at Opencart which looks good, and Prestashop which looks even better.

Thus far I have gleaned the following

Opencart
simple
extentions cheaper
more developers/designers?

Presta
more detail
modules more expensive
developers/designers?

Of critical importance for me is a "wish list" for products/models that are not in stock but can/will be ordered if >10 people want the product model. Alternatively a user poll on products wanted, but in both cases email & customer details are required to register interest in the product/model.

Pre-orders are a must as well with option for discount on pre-order. Preferably a pricing matrix that allows the first 10 customers to pre-oder at a discount, then the 11th customer gets normal pricing.

(Edit: decided on Opencart for now, come great modules)

(Edit: found most of these from isencelabs extensions for a reasonable fee)

Re payment gateway it looks like VCS based on their pricing. It is just a pity that Capitec Bank does not do gateway receipt of funds according to VCS.
Paygate is also a strong contender for payment API

Lastly, development. I would prefer someone in my vicinity/local (Cpt) so if they cock up I can throttle them in the flesh :-)

Please feel free to pick all the flaws I have with this idea so I may learn.

many thanks

Ko