Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Setup of online web store

Thanks
    Wordpress ,woocomerce and payfast work perfect for a online website. It is hard work anyway, everyday there is something changing.

Thanks
    I agree Wordpress and Woocommerce. But you can also look at Shopify.

Email problem
    Thanks
    Yea Look woo has a bad rep because there a low entry level for it, but I work with open cart and magneto and while they are good there is nothing like the support and flexibility that woo commerce offers. And yes it can be fast and secure and look authentic if you know your way around php. I have quite a few sites on woo and they do really well, adding functionalities down the line is easy as it's so well documented.

As for the payment gateway, IMO PayPal wouldn't be my first choice South African buyers already are hesitant about making online purchases on websites as we are still young to the sphere, PayPal payment flow is also a little more complex than that of payfast.

Paygate I have had very little experience with. Something that seems promising to me is also ozwow. There is also peach payments ive seen on one or tw sites have no idea who they are.

I think however if you are looking to get people to buy you need the one that is the most reputable, and that would be payfast, ive used them all and the vetting process on payfast takes the longest for a merchant which I really appreciate.

Ofcourse fees wise they are all making money somewhere none are free and I think payfast has the highest rates. They are also the best local paygate.

Locally well known, great vetting process, never had transaction issues. Developer friendly and open with their documentation.
    Graphic Design company in East London South Africa | Web design company in East London South Africa
    " A plumbers tap always leaks " - Great advice from a forum member

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12