Thread: Employed for a job but doing something else

Thanks

Employed for a job but doing something else

Good Day,

I just want insight on a matter.

4 months ago I was employed to do a specific job, I did study and is still busy to study in that line.

I was send to another branch for training which should have been just one month. Now I am sitting here doing all the admin stuff and nothing that I was employed for.

There is no spesific details when I will move to the branch as agreed on in my interview nor when I will start doing the job I was employed for i did address this matter but no feedback.

This is 4 months I am losing for not learning something new or gaining experience in the field I chosen to work in.

Presently I am doing the tasks but as soon as I point out error or faults, I get to be in the dog box, cant even do this admin to the best of my ability as i am getting into trouble.

Can anyone please advise what I can do as I am very unhappy at this stage.

Angelien

Suspended
    Thanks
    You say you are still studying - you also say you were employed and then moved to another branch for training ... - Any chance that they felt you needed more training and that is why they sent you for more training ? You then say you are pointing out their errors and faults ? Are you qualified to point out their mistakes if you are still studying and still under training ?

Thanks
    Yes, my qualification I am busy with is much higher than the position I was employed for. No the training is to get to know the group and know where everyone fits in. Been up to date with that in the first month. HR made a comment: she is doing the bad work until we can move her. I haven't receive training any further I am doing odd jobs which has nothing to do for what I was employed for. Yes i received instruction to do the task, the instruction was followed and feedback given and it was ignored, so the same mistake was made for a second time by that person blaming me for his faults. Yes I am a technical accountant doing a secretary job. They say I must do this as I got a good eye for detail, when I go into detail I get blamed. the training I am suppose to receive at this end was received in the first month. for now I am doing to do with what i am suppose to

Suspended
    Thanks
    I am a technical accountant

Please tell me what a Technical Accountant is ?
    Are you an Accountant ?
    What is Technical or are you referring to being a person assisting an Accountant ?

I am asking this because as you probably see from my sig I am in the Recruitment industry.

I do also know that there is a big demand for Accountants at the mo, especially CA's .......