Thread: is there a way to check if my qualifications have been used fraudulently?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Thanks

is there a way to check if my qualifications have been used fraudulently?

im a trade tested plumber.

i have sent my complete CV to a few BEE construction companies that regularly get awarded big tenders by govt, municipalities etc

i was told that i just need to be on site daily- the actual work is done by other non qualified plumbers contracted to these companies

maybe im paranoid but i suspect that my qualifications can easily be printed out and submitted- making it look like im part of the project
    and the company avoids having to pay me while giving the impression that they do have a qualified plumber on site.

can this happen?
    is there any way for me to check if its happened?

obviously without going directly to these companies as they will deny it & i will have no way to prove my suspicions.
    A “conspiracy theory” no longer means an event explained by a conspiracy. Instead, it now means any explanation, or even a fact, that is out of step with the government’s explanation and that of its media pimps.

Suspended
    Thanks
    The fact that you have to be on site daily means you are employed by them and that yes they are probably using your qualifications to prove that their employee is qualified.

You say you are on site but then say that the company avoids having to pay you - Why are you on site then ?

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by HR Solutions View Post
    The fact that you have to be on site daily means you are employed by them and that yes they are probably using your qualifications to prove that their employee is qualified.

You say you are on site but then say that the company avoids having to pay you - Why are you on site then ?
    Sorry, i did not express myself clearly. I meant to say that i have not been contacted by them after submitting my CV

I just suspect that my qualifications are being fraudulently used
    A “conspiracy theory” no longer means an event explained by a conspiracy. Instead, it now means any explanation, or even a fact, that is out of step with the government’s explanation and that of its media pimps.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by msmoorad View Post
    Sorry, i did not express myself clearly. I meant to say that i have not been contacted by them after submitting my CV

I just suspect that my qualifications are being fraudulently used
    Do you have a suspect in mind? If you do, then charge them with fraud.
    “Ubuntu is the essence of being humane" Desmond Tutu
    Spelling mistakes and/or typographical errors I found in leading publications.
    Click here
    sabbaticus

Suspended
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Vanash Naick View Post
    Do you have a suspect in mind? If you do, then charge them with fraud.
    From my understanding the company is pretending he is on the books and has the correct qualification.

Perhaps he can clarify - It doesn't really sound like some is fraudulently using his qualifications. (as in a person)

Suspended
    Thanks
    At the end of the day if they are doing a job of work for someone - they should have people on their books that are qualified. Not quite sure how you are going to find out if you are on their books ........... Don't you have a backdoor to the company ? Why don't you get someone to phone them and pretend they are working for Edgars and need to confirm employment ?? Just a thought .....

7. Thanks given for this post:

msmoorad (12-Oct-16)

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by HR Solutions View Post
    At the end of the day if they are doing a job of work for someone - they should have people on their books that are qualified. Not quite sure how you are going to find out if you are on their books ........... Don't you have a backdoor to the company ? Why don't you get someone to phone them and pretend they are working for Edgars and need to confirm employment ?? Just a thought .....
    it seems thats the type of thing i need to do to confirm my suspicions
    unless i can get someone at SARS who can check if theres been anything filed with my name appearing as an employee/contractor to any of these companies.

Suspended
    Thanks
    People and companies do funny things - I wouldn't discount the fact that they have you as an employee or a subcontractor or something like that - perhaps not even linked to SARS. In my line of work we see very strange things that happen from both candidates and clients.