Hi all. Has anyone had dealings with the above company (MBD)? My Virus protection will not allow me to go into their web site. A very special friend of mine is constantly receiving SMS's with dire warnings if the balance of payment on her account in not paid pronto.
This is in relation to an old Standard Bank Credit card issue that according to Standard Bank themselves has been paid.
When I phoned MBD and mentioned the constant SMS's and the fact that the balance had been paid some time I got a very angry guy who's name sounds like Sboniso demanding that the balance be paid. I asked him to mail me a statement showing the balance owing and he got extremely angry saying that I must promise to pay the account before he will send me a statement. I told him that I will not promise anything and that he must please let me know what the balance is and send me a statement as how can I pay something if I don't know what the balance is. He once again insisted that I make a promise to pay reminding me that the conversation is being recorded. I said no, I will not promise anything and that everything sound to me rather suspicious of which he lost his rag completely and demanded my ID number of which I put down the phone. Something is very screwy here!