Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Selling a patented product

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    I think that there is merit in the product, especially associated to a brand name. I am going to use "Castle" for now as an example. The R75 is well within a cost for a corporate gift, far cheaper than a rugby ticket at a box.

Packaging is not expensive if thought out carefully. I would go for a white cardboard box, die cut to house the product. On the first run it would be plain white, and get printed pictures and product info onto sticky paper labels, as this will keep the cost down, and will allow for small runs for specific customers who want to have their name on the packaging for now as a start.
    Not knowing the exact size of the item, the die cut will be between R2 and R3,000.00 as a once off. Then making up the 500 cardboard boxes, will cost between R6 and R10 depending on the size.

Once sales increase, then you can get the boxes preprinted for an extra R1 or two, and the print block will cost about R1500. Maybe later you may want to use clear plastic as a packaging element, but by then you have a good feel of what is going on.

Good luck, there will always be something similar, with 7 billion people on the planet, there is bound to have more than one person with a similar idea.
    There will always be arguments as already raised here with fridge and ice, but it is all about being a novel item and raising a conversation at a braai or other gathering.
    Victor - Knowledge is a blessing or a curse, your current circumstances make you decide!
    Solar pumping, Solar Geyser & Solar Security lighting solutions - www.microsolve.co.za

2. Thank given for this post:

Hein8956 (06-Oct-16), sakkie (07-Oct-16)

Thanks
    I finally worked out that they clip together and they have space for branding on the ends, that is unique and is your USP so go with that, price the unbranded basic unit at a fair price more or less cost plus peanuts, when you get branding that is where your upfront profit will come from.
    "Nobody who has succeeded has not failed along the way"
    Arianna Huffington

Read the first 10% of my books "Didymus" and "The BEAST of BIKO BRIDGE" for free
    You can also read and download 100% free my short stories "A Real Surprise" and "Pieces of Eight" at
    http://www.smashwords.com/books/view/332256

4. Thanks given for this post:

Hein8956 (06-Oct-16)

Thanks
    Thank you very much.Finally some "advice" I can use. You told me things I did not know and it helps alot.

Suspended
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Hein8956 View Post
    Thank you very much.Finally some "advice" I can use. You told me things I did not know and it helps alot.
    WOW ! As if we were to know you knew almost everything !

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123