Thread: House wiring price

Thanks

House wiring price

Hi guys I got a job to do house wiring, 2 double plugs, 2 single plugs, 6 outside lights using daylight switch, 4 roof(celling) lamps inside house and I have to put conduict pipes and extension boxes for plugs,lights and installing DB as well inside wall.the house is 2 bedroom,kitchen, sitting room and bathroom. I need someone who can assist me with the price to wire that house?Thanks

Thanks
    There's too many variables to assist with quoting on a forum. Rule of thumb if it's a typical middle-class new build dwelling with average spec then work on 5% of the build cost as a ball park figure to check your calculations against.

Thanks
    thaks AndyD, can you please give me the price for installing plug, lights,switch for light, DB and daylight switch? maybe from there i will have an idea because i am new to these industry. i don't want to charge customer much higher/lower price

Thanks
    Like I said, there's way too many variables for me to suggest a fair price with any accuracy. I'd suggest you draw up a materials list, price the materials at your local wholesaler and add a sensible mark-up to come to a materials price. Then estimate the installation time and multiply the hours by your hourly rate to get to a labour price. Make adjustments for any other forseeable expenses like travel costs, parking costs, certification costs etc then quote the customer.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    add 10% on your cost for unforseen problems. Majority of times, a 15minute job lands up taking an hour or two. I am just using this as an example, the screw on that holds the plate breaks when you are unscrewing it out of the wall box. You need to get the piece out or the plate can not be properly secured.

Reminds me when I wanted to change the basin in my bathroom, which should take an hour or so, but when I removed the pipes from the taps from the wall connection, the cock stop thread broke off in the T connection in the wall, on both the cold and hot water connections. The decision was to either break the wall and replace the connection, which meant tiling, and finding the same tiles would be a challenge, or suck it up for a good part of the day attempting to remove the thread part out of the screw in the wall. I landed up making an extraction tool and adjusting the tool to loosen the thread piece out from a file at the end of the day. Spent about 7 hours to finally do the job.
    Victor - Knowledge is a blessing or a curse, your current circumstances make you decide!
    Solar pumping, Solar Geyser & Solar Security lighting solutions - www.microsolve.co.za