Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Jhb City Power Contractors

Thanks
    And it gets better!

Fuse that was 'hardwired' by contractor on Monday burnt the fuse board down on Monday night.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2018-08-07 09.38.12 (Small).jpg 
Views:	192 
Size:	54.4 KB 
ID:	7197
    The hard wired fuse that cause the burn was the middle on the LHS

Name:	2018-08-07 09.37.01 (Small).jpg 
Views:	178 
Size:	40.7 KB 
ID:	7196

Name:	2018-08-07 09.36.15 (Small).jpg 
Views:	245 
Size:	45.0 KB 
ID:	7198

Contractor was dispatched with large generator yesterday. Power was restored but I am still getting relatively low voltage, meaning overloading of conductors still exists (?)

I'll refrain from rants of diabolical dysfunctionality and gross incompentence for now.

ps tell me how to rotate pics and I will edit the posts, it seems to always post landscape.

Thanks
    Now the insane thing is the same frigging thing happened in the same sub station two weeks ago, only it was CP personnel who hardwired the fuses that time, that I witnessed and who ignore my cautionary advice, in fact ignored me, and would not answer my queries.

Issue was reported to Area Manager Mr Mnisi who has yet to reply to me.

Silver Member
    Thanks
    City Power......

I have bet with clients and my staff..... How many City Power people will have to come through before someone knows how to resolve the problem (unless its just switching on the breaker).

Usually we play for a case of beer or a six pack.

Recently the 8th person to come out to resolve the problem of there being no incoming earth from city power side (despite the property being backed onto the local mini sub and you could visibly see the earth wire).

We even have a game where if there is a "cash converters" sticker on the multimeter they bring, i get a bonus beer prize.

It amazes me how many properties have no incoming earth. In Jo'burg I'd say around 25% - 30% of the places we go to don't have a sufficient (or at all) incoming earth from municipality.

The last 3 month, properties we have worked on/in

Pent house flat in Killarny, whole block of flats - no incoming earth from municpality.

Commercial building bought for R50 million+ (with COC) - no incoming earth.

Large commercial property in a arty part of town - earth was provided by earth conductor wrapped around the overhead line pole, stuck down with some carpet tape - Earth fault current - 40 amps - on a 63 amp 3 phase supply.... supplying 4 shops and some staff quarters out back. 63amp breaker cooked, neutral loose and melted on municipality side. - with COC.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12