Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Bye - its been emotional

Silver Member
    Thanks

Bye - its been emotional

The straw thst breaks the camels back - broke today. After 8 years of banging my head against brick walls i'm outta here. Yes the weather is sucky in the uk but i have landed a job which gives me £200 a day. I won't have to deal with incompetent staff and other unskilled tradesmen - basicallt fixing other peoples s%=÷. I won't be leaving my house at 5 am and not coming back until after 7pm most days. Yes you will say the costs a relative - well they are not. SA got stupid expensive. You think the sa life style is great. Well its not for me. its just been work and dealing with what can only be called retards. Good luck gents. Its been emotional. Counting days. Byeeeee.....

Silver Member
    Thanks
    And yes the grass is greener. It will be - it rains more.

3. Thanks given for this post:

ACEsterhuizen (10-Aug-16)

Suspended
    Thanks
    Cheers

Bronze Member
    Thanks
    200 a day is that not to little? I mean compared to your living standards here? just asking :-) i would also like to go but age and money. the one i have plenty the other none.

Silver Member
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by ACEsterhuizen View Post
    200 a day is that not to little? I mean compared to your living standards here? just asking :-)
    My 'living standard' sucks to be honest. I have no life outside of work. So £200 is just fine with me.

7. Thanks given for this post:

ACEsterhuizen (10-Aug-16)

Suspended
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by skatingsparks View Post
    My 'living standard' sucks to be honest. I have no life outside of work. So £200 is just fine with me.

So you haven't been able to have a good "living standard" in SA by your own admission. Then you are the perfect candidate to go. I have never had a problem with people that want to emigrate, but what has always puzzled me is why they have to "announce" it. Why is that ? Perhaps you can answer me ? So many people do leave and then go around firstly telling people that they are leaving and then eventually start running this country down. Yes we have our problems but Im curious to why people do this.

Silver Member
    Thanks
    To be honest... it just a sense if relief. Everything is just a mission to do everything and i think its just a relief to be able to do normal evettday things with out there being some story.

Suspended
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by skatingsparks View Post
    To be honest... it just a sense if relief. Everything is just a mission to do everything and i think its just a relief to be able to do normal evettday things with out there being some story.

Oh ok ...... then good luck. Not sure if you have lived there, but things are also difficult there (other things).
    Personally I could/would never leave this country - I love the outdoors and I do try to have a good living standard. I could not live in the continuous cold with hardly no braais etc etc

Diamond Member
    Thanks
    I would never be able to live in the UK. I have friends and family there and we speak fairly often. The weather is shit, the houses are tiny, commuting is a nightmare and to top it all off there are more foreigners in the UK than locals. One of my friends is a music teacher and she speaks of how terrible the schools have become because of the influx of foreigners. The kids can't speak English and there are more of them in the classes than locals. With brexit the shit is going to hit the fan in a big way. Nah f*ck moving to the UK, OZ maybe...

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    So applying to move to Mars is not such a bad idea then?
    Victor - Knowledge is a blessing or a curse, your current circumstances make you decide!
    Solar pumping, Solar Geyser & Solar Security lighting solutions - www.microsolve.co.za

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Did you like this article? Share it with your favourite social network.

Did you like this article? Share it with your favourite social network.