Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Bye - its been emotional

Thanks
    Thanked 2,676 Times in 2,257 Posts
    Blog Entries
    I remember when skatingsparks first arrived on TFSA from the UK like it was yesterday.

Folks, this isn't a SAffer emigrating to greener pastures relatively unknown. This is a UK sparkie who came to SA following a love interest and pretty determined to try to make it work here. After 8 years, and with some understanding of the sort of nonsense he had to wrestle with along the way, I have to say he clearly gave us a solid shot.

Quote Originally Posted by HR Solutions View Post
    I have never had a problem with people that want to emigrate, but what has always puzzled me is why they have to "announce" it. Why is that ? Perhaps you can answer me ?
    In this case, seeing as being part of the TFSA community was a part of the journey - I'd suggest it was out of common courtesy.

Skatingsparks, don't be a stranger. I'd be happy to hear your first impressions on "being back home."

2. Thank given for this post:

ACEsterhuizen (10-Aug-16), adrianh (10-Aug-16)

Suspended
    Thanks
    In this case, seeing as being part of the TFSA community was a part of the journey - I'd suggest it was out of common courtesy.
    I get that ..... and the people that are not part of the "TFSA" community ? I am merely looking for the answer to why people that leave the country always announce it ?

Thanks
    Thanked 2,676 Times in 2,257 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by HR Solutions View Post
    I am merely looking for the answer to why people that leave the country always announce it ?
    So they should just sneak off without letting anyone know?
    For the vast majority of people, relocating to another country is a pretty big deal - a decision not taken lightly. It's barely a surprise that they want to talk about it.

Perhaps the real question should be - why does this "announcing" process bug you?

Suspended
    Thanks
    Because more than often it leads to them running down our country ...... which bugs me

Thanks
    please take me with you

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    Relocating to another country is a really big decision. One of the worst downsides to leaving the "nest" is that you are also leaving your support base. There are no friends or family just round the corner to help out with small or big problems. With your safety net gone, you now have to rely on the kindness and help of foreigners with a different outlook and culture.

Some people make friends very easily, but loneliness and feeling "cut off" is often the reason why emigrants decide to go back home. That is apart from financial considerations.
    Excellence is not a skill; its an attitude...

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave A View Post
    I remember when skatingsparks first arrived on TFSA from the UK like it was yesterday.......
    I also remember your arrival Skating Sparks and it doesn't seem long ago to me either but I'm sure it's been like a lifetime for you. I'm truely sorry things haven't worked out for you in SA and hope it wasn't a complete loss for you. I remember you doing the hard yards to get your qualifications here even though you were already qualified and thinking to myself you certainly have some grit and determination, I had high hopes you'd do well.

200 quid per day is a good rate for a sparky in the uk from what I here. I'm not sure what the JIB rates are but I often see jobs offering 16-18 quid per hour.

Good luck with your future endaevours and I hope you settle back in to the UK. Keep i touch and let us know how you get on.

Thanks
    I lived three long years in UK and would never ever do it again.
    Houses4Rent
    "We treat your investment as we treat our own"
    marc@houses4rent.co.za www.houses4rent.co.za
    083-3115551
    Global Residential Property Investor / Specialized Letting Agent & Property Manager

Thanks
    Wish you well on your new venture you certainly had quiet an arduous task in this country, trying to do the correct thing/registering but you persevered drop us a word now and then.
    Au Revoir

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Did you like this article? Share it with your favourite social network.

Did you like this article? Share it with your favourite social network.