Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Targeting Customers

Thanks

Targeting Customers

I know email marketing is much easier to find potential clients but what about those businesses that send out newsletters in the mail to peoples homes? Are they sending randomly or have some way to know exactly who should receive it?

Thanks

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    I can not remember the last time I received random mail in my box with my name and address, unless it has been an opt in list, like Edgars, Woolworths, and so on. Usually business in which you have an account may send you direct mail.

All other random mail has been simply pamphlets delivered to my door, or placed in my postbox with the mail by the Post Office.
    Victor - Knowledge is a blessing or a curse, your current circumstances make you decide!
    Solar pumping, Solar Geyser & Solar Security lighting solutions - www.microsolve.co.za

Suspended
    Thanks
    Random mail in my post box I immediately throw in the dustbin next door to the box

Thanks
    Thought it would be a good way to get some marketing done. Also its not too expensive to implement.

Also looking to start something small but like a marketing business

Thanks
    mailchip or getrespons really good email marketing tools. Maybe you can try.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,676 Times in 2,257 Posts
    Blog Entries
    There's no doubt it's dying off at a rapid pace, but I do get the occasional stuff in the mail still - normally begging letters and marketing for fairly high-end print media products.

One obvious downside is cost, and perhaps traceability, but the obvious snail mail upside is it doesn't have to navigate spam filtering mechanisms. I wouldn't discount it completely as an option.

Quote Originally Posted by RVR View Post
    I know email marketing is much easier to find potential clients but what about those businesses that send out newsletters in the mail to peoples homes? Are they sending randomly or have some way to know exactly who should receive it?
    RVR, whether it's snail mail or email, it's all about data harvesting. The principles are pretty much the same.

Thanks
    I hear you, but it's harder to find people to target with snail mail like demographics.

Suspended
    Thanks
    I hear you, but it's harder to find people to target with snail mail like demographics.
    Its not that hard. Internet is a wonderfull thing including Facebook & Linked in to name a few. Would be far more beneficial than paper.

Thanks
    From a marketing ROI point of view, posting letters generally does not bring a positive ROI as well as you can't track or report on how many people actually read your letter.

I agree with stylesupplier, I use mailchimp to send out info to our clients and it works really well.

4647 Orchard Street Burnsville, MN 55306, USA
    Thanks
    Email marketing is great technique to develop relationships with your potential customers.

Are they sending randomly or have some way to know exactly who should receive it?

Thanks
    Its not a quick process as you asked doe sending bulk email to with a bunch of mail list, its about finding your target audience, build strong relationship with them to purchase your products or services.
    You should follow an strategy that will show you the step by step procedure of an successful email campaign.
    With having a potential lead list ,the total concept will be waste in vain.
    First Build your own list. as i have already mentioned buying bulk email lists is a waste of time.
    I think, you don't want to get your campaign placed into the spam list of your potential customer.
    I would recommend you to run a ppc campaign to get the actual database that will give you a potential lead list to set up your email marketing campaign.
    Hope you find it helpful>
    Regdars

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast