LOL. First of traffic... i hope you mean good traffic like your market .... not just 1000 likes that dont mean anything..except some kind of skewed social self validation. Id rather have 50 ... my market. If you get that good lets move on...

Social media is niche dependant, pintrest will get you many bridesmades and decor hire sales ( Trust me i know ). Try that on Instagram and you wont get as far, try it on linkedin and i dont think youl get married.

What im trying to say is go where you target market is, you content dependant on what you are doing should reflect brand humour and shouldn't push too hard for sales on social media. Content that invokes emotion i found is the best thing, humour is a good one but let me give you an example. I do web design so i dont go around posting just about web design. My market is primarily business owners or startups, with families to look after. So i share content they can relate to.

For example i made a post the other day along the lines of : This one is for you, the business owner, rising to meet every challenge. To provide for your own, empowering others to provide for their own.
Used a image of a business man getting up in the morning.

Why this, because theres a guy out there who is not doing so well with his business now he trying to come up with a solution he has looked into going online maybe, but maybe wasnt convinced by the site he went to, he will like my post maybe yay..... One day il post something about optimising websites for better sales or even how having a website is a must blah blah blah...that guy will see it and may think its his solution...... because he has seen 20 other posts before hand talking about business and family and the struggle...I UNDERSTAND HIM HE THINKS.

I just get them to like my page, so they wil see my posts and every now and them i do a post thats a bit "salesy"... now i already have the right market watching and some guys pick up and buy it.