Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Pastel Xpress v14 company error

Thanks

Pastel Xpress v14 company error

Good day to all.

Please can someone assist me.

I have Pastel Xpress v14, 1user, 1company.
    I have rolled over to the new financial year and started working immediately with invoices.

The next day, when I wanted to carry on, and I opened my Pastel program, I could only see the previous financial year "company" on the list. When I go to Add Company to add the new financial year "company" folder that I just created yesterday, it says that I have exceeded my maximum companies to add on the program.
    But it is still only one company it is just a new financial year.

I have tried to remove all other financial year folders but still it does not want me to add the new financial year company.

Please can someone help me.

Daleen

Thanks
    Good day,

If I understand correctly you did the year end and selected that the new year needs to be a new company. If you went this route then there are 2 companies as per pastel. Company 1 is your previous financial year company and company 2 is the current financial year company.

You'll either have to upgrade the pastel to allow more than 1 company or do the year end in the current company. Remember that Pastel only holds the info for 1 previous year. For example, you have a 2015 company, then you have access to info for 2014 year and the 2015 year. If you now do the year end, you will have the details for the 2015 year and the 2016 year. This is why most companies create a new set of account when they do the year end.

Thanks
    I"m trying to view my customer database in Pastel and would like to retrieve on ly the name, tel no and email. How do I do this?

Thanks
    You can copy the company folder into another directory(make a backup).
    Delete it using manage server.
    You should be able to create your new company now.
    If you ever need to view the data from the previous year just do the same with the current company eg backup
    delete , and add the backed up data using manage server.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Richard Diab View Post
    I"m trying to view my customer database in Pastel and would like to retrieve on ly the name, tel no and email. How do I do this?
    Hi Richard. You will have to retrieve all the information and then just delete the columns you do not want.
    Goto - File - Export - Select "Customer Accounts". Give your export file a name such as "Customer.txt" and choose where you want to save it. eg Desktop or documents.
    Go process. Choose your beginning and end accounts and say ok. It will then export all the information to that file.
    Now go to your Excel.
    Choose "Open" and on the bottom right choose "text files" Go to the place you have saved your "customer.txt" file.
    Choose "Delimited" and go to "Next"
    Untick "tab" and choose "other" enter a comma in the required box. Click "Next" leave the next window option at "General" and click "Finish".
    You should now have your whole data base on excel. Go to the columns that you do not need and delete those whole columns so that you are left with the details you are wanting.
    No act of kindness, no matter how small, is ever wasted. - Aesop "The Lion and the Mouse"

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike C View Post
    Hi Richard. You will have to retrieve all the information and then just delete the columns you do not want.
    Goto - File - Export - Select "Customer Accounts". Give your export file a name such as "Customer.txt" and choose where you want to save it. eg Desktop or documents.
    Go process. Choose your beginning and end accounts and say ok. It will then export all the information to that file.
    Now go to your Excel.
    Choose "Open" and on the bottom right choose "text files" Go to the place you have saved your "customer.txt" file.
    Choose "Delimited" and go to "Next"
    Untick "tab" and choose "other" enter a comma in the required box. Click "Next" leave the next window option at "General" and click "Finish".
    You should now have your whole data base on excel. Go to the columns that you do not need and delete those whole columns so that you are left with the details you are wanting.
    A slightly quicker way of doing the above would be to name the export file as Customer.csv instead of Customer.txt. When you open the file in Excel, it will already be sorted into columns.
    Neville Bailey - Sage Pastel Accounting Consultant
    www.accountingsoftwaresupport.co.za
    neville@accountingsoftwaresupport.co.za
    IronTree Online Solutions

"Give every person more in use value than you take from them in cash value."
    WALLACE WATTLES (1860-1911)

7. Thanks given for this post:

Mike C (22-Mar-17)

Thanks
    morning, i also just did my yearend and created a new company, did my invoices and next day no new company, i then backed up all the previous years and deleted them restarted my pc and still cannot add my company - it keeps on saying your registration allows you to create 2 companies, you have exceeded this limit, what am i doing wrong?

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by luzanelegrange View Post
    morning, i also just did my yearend and created a new company, did my invoices and next day no new company, i then backed up all the previous years and deleted them restarted my pc and still cannot add my company - it keeps on saying your registration allows you to create 2 companies, you have exceeded this limit, what am i doing wrong?
    You have the Xpress Startup package, which restricts you to a maximum of two companies (databases).

Thanks
    Hi Neville. I have seen this question pop up before and I ask purely out of interest.

When one does a year end and creates a backup of the previous year I realise that it is seen as a "new company".

How then does one effectively delete previous years databases so that Xpress Startup only "sees" the one company that one is working on ... or does it mean that one can only use Xpress Startup for 2 years?
    No act of kindness, no matter how small, is ever wasted. - Aesop "The Lion and the Mouse"

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike C View Post
    Hi Neville. I have seen this question pop up before and I ask purely out of interest.

When one does a year end and creates a backup of the previous year I realise that it is seen as a "new company".

How then does one effectively delete previous years databases so that Xpress Startup only "sees" the one company that one is working on ... or does it mean that one can only use Xpress Startup for 2 years?
    The latest version of Xpress Startup does not give the option of creating a copy company when processing the year-end.

A work-around that I advise to Startup users is as follows:

Create a number of folders under the Xpress folder, and name them according to financial year.

Just prior to running the year-end, make a backup of the company and save it into the relevant year-end folder.

Run the year-end without creating a copy company and do future backups of the company into the new financial year folder.

This means that you will always have the same company folder name for every financial year, but there will be backups of the company, for each financial year, in their respective folders. If you ever need to access a prior year version of the company, first make a current backup of the company into the current year-end folder, then restore the backup from the prior year folder. Once you have completed your enquiry in the prior year company, restore the current year's backup.

12. Thanks given for this post:

Mike C (09-Apr-18)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast