Thread: workmans compensation

Email problem
    Thanks

workmans compensation

every year i submit my return of earnings on line.(end of may) you fill in the years wages you have paid . you get an assessment in a few seconds and you eft. very simple and quick.
    except for this year . i have 1 less employee than the year before. now the wages are more than 30 % less than the year before.
    " you have been selected for an audit. you will be contacted within 5 days"
    no one ever contacts you, i eventually found out that i must submit financial statements affidavits,etc ,which i have done.
    now its been a few weeks and no feedback. its impossible to get through by telephone to any DOL office.
    my letter of good standing has expired and now i cant get onto site. a lot of jobs are on hold and i am in danger of loosing them even though i have already bought the parts.
    im trying hard not to rant too much on line as i dont like community service or a R150 000 fine. Lol

any advice ? i heard a rumour about some private insurance that might replace workmans comp.

Thanks
    Why is no one giving advice here, this involves all of us??

Thanks
    I'm following this with interest but I don't know enough about it to comment.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,676 Times in 2,257 Posts
    Blog Entries
    If you're in the construction industry (that includes electrical contracting), you have the option of rather using FEM. They are waaaay more responsive and accessible than DoL for Workmen's Compensation.

Unfortunately the fact that you have already filed a return with DoL for this year may prove to be a problem. But you can but try...

Email problem
    Thanks
    i eventually got my assessment. i found a supervisors direct no. in pretoria. i mailed everything to him and he made sure everything was in order and he submitted it manually for me. he kept following up and it took about 3 weeks but i eventually got it. he even applied for my letter of good standing which he sent to me the same day i received my assessment. so surprisingly there are actually a few government employees that give good service. if anybody needs his no. i will pm it to you.
    the online return of earnings is normally very quick or easy. the problem is when you get audited,then you have to do a manual return.

Platinum Member
    Thanks
    That is excellent news and a good ending to your challenge

Thanks
    So glad you got this resolved. They are impossible to get hold of. I normally book out a day, pack my snack basket and go through to their offices in Pretoria. Once you are there, they are actually very eager to help you resolve your issues. Although it normally takes about the whole day, as the lines are extremely long, I have to agree with you. I was quite surprised to see how many of the Employees at the DOL are actually there to deliver a good service and see you leave happy and sorted.