Thread: Birth Control

Email problem
    Thanks

Birth Control

It appears to me that so much of our political problems are symptoms of a common source, we simply have too many kids.

Hospitals cannot cope with the influx of patients receiving free medical care, because they're poor!

Government's social grant account is growing annually to outrageous proportions of GDP, to feed and care for infants whose parent/s are poor!

The education system cannot cope with the numbers of learners that require compulsory education for free, because the parents cannot afford school fees, because they're poor!

The job market cannot possibly grow at the rate the population is growing, which places a burden on the government, humanitarian aid organisations (who raise funds from you and me), to feed, clothe and educate large numbers of South Africans, because they're poor!

Riots for houses, services, transport, education and whatever other social issue, are the order of the day, because our population feels entitled to better treatment, because they're poor!

Poverty is not unique to South Africa. Poverty is not a license to steal and demand and rampage. Poverty does require a very basic human understanding, if I cannot meet my own most basic needs, what possible future can I offer I child? Loving a child is a primal instinct that needs to be cherished, but the highest level of this love means not having the child, in the first place.

A promiscuous society is rife with unwanted pregnancies. When the rest of the community picks up the tab for one's indiscretion, it is almost as if we're sponsoring it. Birth control is not rocket science.

So, when people talk of basic human rights, I believe, the most basic of these would have to be, not having children you cannot afford. This is a right that cannot be alienated, compromised or corrupted, exercise your right to give your children a better future ... when you have the means to achieve this noble goal.

Keep it in your pants!

Diamond Member
    Thanks
    Its a bit more complicated than that. Our biggest problem is that our borders are practically open to the entire black continent.

We are pissing against the wind unless we close our borders and chuck all the foreigners out. I am not against foreigners, all that I am saying is that we simply do not have the resources to host the whole of Africa...

Thanks
    I would say kick the illegal foreigners out and keep the legal foreigners and then close the borders or better vice versa actually.
    Houses4Rent
    "We treat your investment as we treat our own"
    marc@houses4rent.co.za www.houses4rent.co.za
    083-3115551
    Global Residential Property Investor / Specialized Letting Agent & Property Manager

Diamond Member
    Thanks
    If we were to wave a magic wand and give every person in this country a a job, home, car and R50K tomorrow nothing will change because the following day another 100 million people will cross the border (and our government will let them if they are black because they are bound to vote for the cANCer)

Thanks
    apparently it was that was that Dutch bloke Jan van something or other that caused the ills the ANC face today

Thanks
    Did Africa have all these borders or they are man made?