Hi, I have been pushing the online insurance side of my business for some time now. I went online years ago, when I was virtually the only insurance broker in this area.
The number of players has steadily been increasing, and in fact the status of a Robo Adviser is now becoming a real platform for people to acquire insurance.
A Robo Adviser is really a site where users interact with that provider, getting the information they need to investigate And make a purchase, all online. There is never a face-to-face meeting.
Whilst this form of selling is accepted in countries like the USA and UK, it is still in its infancy in South Africa.

The advantages of buying products in this way that everything is in writing, so there should be no misunderstanding is later on. Next, it can be done at the purchases own pace.
There is no undue sales pressure. Lastly, the seller is available 24/7 by e-mail or phone. In fact I will reply to most queries before any face-to-face meeting takes place!

But, I experience a large hurdle in that life insurance and investment product sales not happening. It would appear that the South African mindset with these products is still a face-to-face meeting.
I go through the whole sales process of advice in selecting and quoting on the product for that particular prospect, yet the final signing of the application does not happen.
Whilst I believe a number of prospects then seek a local broker and present the outcome of my research and presentation to that broker, there still seems to be a stigma around trusting and online sales platform.

Does this happened with any other online business or product?
Is there an effective strategy to combat this reluctance?