I am having difficulty identifying certain components via there symbols . Different manufacturers use different symbols on there components as to what are shown in the regulations. This poses a problem for me when trying to identify if the main switch is a circuit breaker with main switch characteristics or just a circuit breaker and if the earth leakage unit is a earth leakage with main switch characteristics. As we know the regs state that if the main switch is a circuit breaker or Earth leakage they must have main switch characteristics or isolator characteristics. I have hunted the net for answers but to no avail.
How can I find out if the correct component is installed. Where can I get a decent set of symbols to refer to. It is quiet frustrating when getting to site only to be held up by not knowing what type of component has been installed as a main switch .

Thank you