Thread: Need assistance with SARS

Thanks

Need assistance with SARS

Good day to all forum members.

The following is a brief description of my current problem with Sars PAYE / UIF dept Pretoria.

In Feb this year my bookkeeper received a notice on my behalf that there is and amount outstanding regarding my PAYE/UIF for a period in 2007 amounting to some R12,000 odd. We replied within 2 days of receiving the notice with proof of payment in the form of a cheque which was banked by Sars. ( fortunately I still had the records 9 years later). A few weeks later a debit followed off my bank account for some R32,000 odd, compliments of Sars. We went to the Sars office in Ashley Gardens, Pta with a proof of the original payment and all related documents , email etc. We were told it would be rectified in 21 days time. We waited for 21 days and when drawing a statement we noticed that the R32,000 debited off my bank account was not allocated to the outstanding period in question on their system, but to 35 periods in different years. We went back to Sars and queried this again. We were then given annother period in 2004 ( 12 years ago!) which is supposedly outstanding. it is clear we need to escAlate this matter to a higher level but we are being blocked at the Ashley Gardens office and forced to deal with the system at grassroots level which clearly is not going to resolve the problem. Can anybody assist or provide information of a senior person to contact at Sars in this regard? Your help will be highly appreciated!

Silver Member
    Thanks
    I would refer this to the Tax Ombud. Especially if it is causing your business to struggle financially.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by dellatjie View Post
    I would refer this to the Tax Ombud. Especially if it is causing your business to struggle financially.
    Thank you dellatjie, it sounds likea good suggestion. Can you perhaps point me in the direction to get this started? Does theombudsman have a website?

Silver Member
    Thanks