Thread: Customer Age Analysis

Thanks

Customer Age Analysis

Hi

We have recently developed a suite of products (sold at different commission rate) to sell alongside our core product. We have a single pastel system with our customers created under this one account. Now we can set up different sales analysis entries for the reps who sell the stuff to track the sales for the different products but when the salary manager get his figures and he looks at the age analysis to see what have been paid and then pays the commission on monies received.

we cant tell looking at the age analysis what item has been paid and what has not - it just gives an outstanding amount nor is there a breakdown of products listed per customer

I.ve been told that we cannot split this up as there is only one customer profile on our pastel which all payments are allocated,

not i've explained myself with any clarity but if you know what i mean and can help I would appreciate it

thanks SAm

Thanks
    Thanked 2,676 Times in 2,257 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Does Pastel not have a Sales by Rep Detail report?
    In Quickbooks this produces a per rep report that details per line item for the designated period of the report.

It can also indicate whether the (associated) invoice is paid or not as of the date the report is generated, but I must point out there is an inherent weakness in wanting to only pay rep comms on paid invoices wher there's any volume - how do you easily identify stuff in this same period that is only paid later?

From a process point of view, the easier way to do this is to pay comms on the sales, and then use a claw-back clause to recover any unpaids after a certain period.

If the paid portion is initially low, or unpaids tend to be high and you're reluctant to pay full comms straight away, then pay it in two tranches.

Thanks
    thanks Dave A - i will check this out when i get back in the office tomorrow

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave A View Post
    Does Pastel not have a Sales by Rep Detail report?
    Yes, it does have such a report - go to View...Customers...Analyse Sales, and then select the appropriate sequence report.
    Neville Bailey - Sage Pastel Accounting Consultant
    www.accountingsoftwaresupport.co.za
    neville@accountingsoftwaresupport.co.za
    IronTree Online Solutions

"Give every person more in use value than you take from them in cash value."
    WALLACE WATTLES (1860-1911)

5. Thanks given for this post:

Dave A (03-May-16)