Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: New User, looking for some advice on Growth? Long Story...

Suspended
    Thanks
    So what due dilligence do people do to ensure they are making the right choice to move to a bigger premises and take on more costs.
    So often people get busy and then think they need to expand and find bigger premises and then things start to go south. Personally I am very hesitant to move and change a working scenario. Can you not find other premises in addition to the one you have, perhaps for storage of the cars for a cheaper rent and a a short lease and keep the place you have at the mo ? Perhaps this is just me, but I would not move after only 12 months. I would create the brand first and create a GOOD client base and have "extra" premises to ease the load.

Email problem
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by HR Solutions View Post
    So often people get busy and then think they need to expand and find bigger premises and then things start to go south. Personally I am very hesitant to move and change a working scenario. Can you not find other premises in addition to the one you have, perhaps for storage of the cars for a cheaper rent and a a short lease and keep the place you have at the mo ? Perhaps this is just me, but I would not move after only 12 months. I would create the brand first and create a GOOD client base and have "extra" premises to ease the load.
    I understand what your saying around people thinking they get busy, which we are, but my concern is that we are turning business down as we cant fit them in when they want to book in, as our space is to small.

Our current rent is only R4,500 a month, and for that we have a small office which is our front of house and then our prep and spray booth just outside this office, its outdoors and not inside where it really should be.

We also dont have any branding or signage outside the current shop and we are missing out on passing trade, but we make this up with our large Facebook and Instagram presence. As I mentioned earlier we arent proactively selling which I would like to do. I'

Im from a sales background and we cant even really follow up with requests for quotes as we cant book people in.

If we were to move I would like to ideally find a bigger space with a short lease and low rent, but thats always impossible to find, unless we can move someone where there is already an existing business which we can lean on.

I do believe our brand is pretty strong in our target market sector, but we do need to build it in the corp branding space, as its a product that hasnt been used in this market before.

Thanks
    I have similar growth pressures, but do not need premises. However, in my mind staff are my biggest problem and I suppose most business' problem.
    Houses4Rent
    "We treat your investment as we treat our own"
    marc@houses4rent.co.za www.houses4rent.co.za
    083-3115551
    Global Residential Property Investor / Specialized Letting Agent & Property Manager

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12