Hi ,
If one has existing surfix only through a house wall not a fire wall .(As per a thread on the forum . This is illegal.) Would the best way to rectify the problem be to disconnect and remove the surfix from the wall , drill and insert 20mm PVC conduit through the drilled hole , add a PVC elbow on either side of the wall to the 20mm conduit ,add 20mm pvc conduit to the elbows on both sides of the wall ,add a two way round box to the added 20mm conduit on both sides of the wall , add PVC glands to the two way round boxes on both sides of the wall , install the surfix cable through this setup. Would this be legal .How would one sort the problem out . Is there a better way to do this.

How would this be done if the wall was a firewall like a wall separating a garage wall and lounge.

I have had a look at the regs but cannot seem to find a suitable answer. It is more the practicality what can you use what can you not use , interpreting the regs and placing it all together .I am an electrician but found out I am not as clued up as I thought especially after reading this forum and looking at the regs . My speciality is more in other areas of electricity. I need to up my game . Where can one find decent resources on practical house wiring.

thanks