Thread: Pastel Xpress- invoice problem

Thanks

Unhappy Pastel Xpress- invoice problem

Hi there,

I created an invoice incorrectly, I haven't updated the batch but don't want to delete it as I need the invoice number. I also can't create an invoice over the invoice because I sent off manual invoices to clients, dated March, (as I was waiting for further info in order to run a year end (Which I then planned to capture in the new year once I have run the year end). Obviously now Pastel Xpress now wont let me run a year end due to this open batch but I need this invoice number to start the new year or all my invoices will have the wrong numbers. How do I get 'rid' of this invoice without deleting it so that the invoice number can still be used in the new year? Hope this makes sense.

Your help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by sioban View Post
    Hi there,

I created an invoice incorrectly, I haven't updated the batch but don't want to delete it as I need the invoice number. I also can't create an invoice over the invoice because I sent off manual invoices to clients, dated March, (as I was waiting for further info in order to run a year end (Which I then planned to capture in the new year once I have run the year end). Obviously now Pastel Xpress now wont let me run a year end due to this open batch but I need this invoice number to start the new year or all my invoices will have the wrong numbers. How do I get 'rid' of this invoice without deleting it so that the invoice number can still be used in the new year? Hope this makes sense.

Your help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
    I suggest that you use the "On Hold" utility for that invoice, which will allow you to run the year-end without having to update the invoices marked as "On Hold".

Here is an extract from the Help file that explains this feature in detail:

The 'On Hold' option can be used for the following documents:
    Tax Invoice, Credit Note, Debit Note, Time and Billing (add on module), Supplier Invoice, Return & Debit, Credit to Supplier.
    You use this field to delay the updating of a specific invoice. You can do this whether you are using on-line or batch processing.
    To put an invoice on hold, check this check box. To release the invoice, edit the document and uncheck the check box. If you process on-line, the invoice will update as you close the screen or move to another invoice. If you process in batch mode, the invoice will update when you next update a batch.
    Typical uses of this facility are:
    The Year End function does not execute if there open document batches. You can work around this by putting each invoice in the batch on hold, running the year-end procedure, and then taking them off hold. Note that the invoices will then default to the first period of the next financial year.
    Neville Bailey - Sage Pastel Accounting Consultant
    www.accountingsoftwaresupport.co.za
    neville@accountingsoftwaresupport.co.za
    IronTree Online Solutions

"Give every person more in use value than you take from them in cash value."
    WALLACE WATTLES (1860-1911)

Thanks
    Worked perfectly, thanks for the help