Hi I have recently been hired to install a new DB in a garage. There was a fire which as far as I can see may have started inside the council's prepaid meter.
Anyhow, In a nutshell, when rewiring the DB , I noticed that the the 20amp plug circuits had 2.5mm live wires but the neutral wires are only 1.5mm.
The house is really tiny so the length of cable run is probably at max 15 metres to the furthest plug circuit, or not even that far.
I'm just wondering what size circuit breaker I should change to, initially I thought if I change the circuit breakers to 16amps that should be fine but when doing calculations I calculate it should be 14 amps (which you don't get as far as I'm concerned ).
The real question here is, does anyone know if the neutral can be reduced like this? There was a COC for the house, so I'm wondering if there may be some sort of rule that allows this? ..... because as far as I know, the neutral should always be the same as the live wire, but perhaps it is something I have forgotten from my studies.
Thanks