Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Invest or Start a Business

Diamond Member
    Thanks
    My goal was to try survive for 5 years in business, 25 years later i decided last month to convert from a sole prop to a CC. You going to have to find a loyal person who works hard and takes pride in what they do. If not your money will be worth nothing rather quickly as i have seen with so many companies.
    Comments are based on opinion...not always facts....that's why people use an alias.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by HR Solutions View Post
    So on the gold question and separate to the above - buy Kruger rands or not ? About 2 years ago I bought a few limited edition Mandela Rivonua 10 coins and I know they are worth more now

But this is investing - what about a business ??
    this is what scoin wants you to believe. My father and I brought some "rare mandella coins" a couple of years ago, to the value or R100k. Then thing changed two year later and after selling his house, car, etc, the only think left was to sell his "precious investment". To cut a long story short, R100k investment netted us R45K! No on was interested in those over priced coins.
    In future I would rather buy bullion coins. It's much cheaper but the market fluctuates a lot

Email problem
    Thanks
    Starting a new business carries the risk of losing (as a whole or in part) your investment, which risk is significantly higher than investing in an interest bearing scheme, however, the rewards are also significantly higher. It is unlikely that you'll find a "safe" investment option that delivers inflation beating returns. Capital in a bank account is, in my opinion, not much different from money under the mattress. Depending on one's age and how much longer one wants to be in business, getting involved in a new business is going to require time and effort, but will deliver far better returns than any other investment. The silent partner concept, which delivers passive income is by far the most attractive, but again, carries the highest risk. There is simply no substitute for hands on business methodology, unless of course, you're Richard Branson. May I suggest you consult a business coach, which I found incredibly useful. The journey from being self-employed to entrepeneurship is an interesting and challenging one fraught with potholes and requires unique paradigm shifts. Good luck!!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12