Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Bad attitude

Suspended
    Thanks
    My concern here is that a lot of cowboy shoot-from-the-hip advice is rolling out here
    No ..... it is everyones past experience !! There are a lot of business owners on this forum !! Take their advice it is NOT cowboys shooting from the hip !!!!!

Email problem
    Thanks
    Ignore that bit if you don't like it. The rest of my advice is sound. You cannot decide to give someone a warning, a final written warning or dismissal, without fair procedure. HR 101.

Thanks
    is it just me or do i see a lot of technical
    advice that feels a bit pushed

granted not all of us are experts in labor
    law but surly not every single transgression
    needs a case manager and lawyer to
    handle it?

if that is the case then business owners
    must consider other means to protect them
    selves may higher staff indirectly
    seek professional help with anything and everything never take advice from me

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    LRA today is a minefield.
    There is even a procedure to follow to hire someone.
    Simply hiring a family member to fill in a position can land you in a position of incorrectly followed procedure, if a potential candidate feels that you have proceeded incorrectly.

THE LRA has changed so much, that it even includes small business. This is the reason that it is a difficult place to be in with staff.

I suggest that any process or procedure which may land in an area of a possible or dismissal should use the services of a professional to ensure that it does follow procedure. Unfortunately, these professionals cost money, and sometimes small business may attempt to go on their own and find themselves in deep financial position because of incorrect procedure.

Make no mistake, other countries, are probably more stringent in labour laws.
    Victor - Knowledge is a blessing or a curse, your current circumstances make you decide!
    Solar pumping, Solar Geyser & Solar Security lighting solutions - www.microsolve.co.za

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Justloadit View Post
    LRA today is a minefield.
    There is even a procedure to follow to hire someone.
    Simply hiring a family member to fill in a position can land you in a position of incorrectly followed procedure, if a potential candidate feels that you have proceeded incorrectly.

THE LRA has changed so much, that it even includes small business. This is the reason that it is a difficult place to be in with staff.

I suggest that any process or procedure which may land in an area of a possible or dismissal should use the services of a professional to ensure that it does follow procedure. Unfortunately, these professionals cost money, and sometimes small business may attempt to go on their own and find themselves in deep financial position because of incorrect procedure.

Make no mistake, other countries, are probably more stringent in labour laws.
    if i am ever big enough i will not bother
    i will get a broker to handle the staff
    i wouldnt bother with permanent staff

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by bones View Post
    if i am ever big enough i will not bother
    i will get a broker to handle the staff
    i wouldnt bother with permanent staff
    Doesn't matter whether they are permanent or not. The Labour Relations Act was recently amended to regulate non-permanent employees (including workers contracted via a labour broker).

Founder of Growth Surge - Helping entrepreneurs create more wealth and enjoy more freedom.

Suspended
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Greig Whitton View Post
    Doesn't matter whether they are permanent or not. The Labour Relations Act was recently amended to regulate non-permanent employees (including workers contracted via a labour broker).
    Yes, but when a contract is over you cancel cancel the labour brokers staff. You can the r hire for a new "contract" period.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by HR Solutions View Post
    Yes, but when a contract is over you cancel cancel the labour brokers staff. You can the r hire for a new "contract" period.
    Not so easy, if the contract period exceeds 3 months, then they are automatically permanent, and require that you then retrench, with all the things that go with it.

If you make the contract period less, you can extend the contract, but if the period of employment is greater than 3 months, then retrenchment.

Many loop holes have been closed by the LRA.

If you trade in a specific industry, you are obliged by law to join the specific department. Eg if you use copper and lead, then you are required to join the Metals Industry Benefit Fund - MIBFA, if it is automotive, then you need to join Motor industry benefit fund - MIGFA, and abide by their rules.Etc
    Victor - Knowledge is a blessing or a curse, your current circumstances make you decide!
    Solar pumping, Solar Geyser & Solar Security lighting solutions - www.microsolve.co.za

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Greig Whitton View Post
    i actually know the labor relations act well
    enough and yes amendments where made a
    few of them

outsourcing Labor is the way to go then i
    would do that because in the end labor
    relations and disputes are no longer a
    problem so i would think twice before
    cornering people to much i would work
    on a month to month base and get new
    people in every month

it will be a pain in he behind but what
    else cane you do

Email problem
    Thanks
    "seek professional help with anything and everything never take advice from me" your most valuable statement yet.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast