Hi - please can someone advise me, am at my wits end.

We sold our house in Durban and got multiple quotes for the entomology certificate, and went with the cheapest one who was registered by SAPCA and who proceeded to issue a report and a compliance certificate - which we have sent to the conveyancing attorney.

The buyer is unhappy with this guy's actions or lack thereof... in his opinion, the house did not need to be tented and he treated whatever infestations he found through spraying.

I relied on his professional judgement as an accredited provider and provided a valid certificate of compliance in accordance with the offer to purchase.

The buyer wants to procure another inspection and, if different, withold money from the purchase price to meet the quoted repair dictated by his other person.

I am happy to support a rectification if the supplier i chose proves to be negligent, but am I liable or is the supplier???

Really dont like being held hostage by the buyer like this also. Ive tried to read up on this, and cannot even find the entomology cert being a legal requirement to transfer the property... its a cash buyer, so no bank involvement in the issue either regarding bond approval.

What are my rights here? Surely the potential liability here sits with the registered entomologist and not me??

Would appreciate some advice in terms of how to respond to this buyer.

Thanks so much,

AMB